Some Sad News

Rob Murphy is tweeting Cal Murphy has passed away.

Condolences to the Murphy family!

Yup, probably the most successful football mind to ever come out of Winnipeg:

He was part of nine Grey Cup-winning teams as an assistant coach, head coach and CFL general manager. He's a member of the Canadian Football Hall of Fame and since 2000 had been evaluating talent for the Indianapolis Colts, one of the NFL's top franchises.

Great football coach - 9 Grey Cups; best wishes to the Murphy family.

....Cal was a man who took the Bombers to so many high levels...The football world is a poorer place with his passing...Condolences to the family :frowning:

Huge man in Bomber lore, Kindly Cal was a great one. As GM he and many players he brought in many players had a lasting impact on the organization. Even in these last few years as a scout for the Indianapolis Colts he was instrumental in helping guys like Kenton Keith, John Chick, and Jerrell Freeman get their NFL shot. RIP Cal, you will be missed. My condolensces to the family.

Of all the CFL players and coaches I've met over the years, meeting and talking to Cal Murphy was the top. He was kind and considerate. The picture of him and my two young sons is in a special Bomber picture frame.We met not too long after his heart transplant, he was HC,a tough man.Now that he's gone,we'll start to realize how good this guy really was at what he did.So long, Coach Murphy.