Some recent changes to the forums

For those keeping score with merely a passing interest,
:smirk:

Superb Owl, allegedly though heavily disputed Dan Dreiberg, is on holiday in warmer locales now, but he sends his best regards in anticipation of his return.

Yes indeed @RedandWhite he does tend to swoop in at lightning speed at times.

Now this is not a depiction of me please don’t be confused, and Superb Owl actually has a football with full stripes and not a basketball on his buckle.

When in uniform, he is known also to wear tactical pants and a tactical pullover with that cowl and duty belt amongst his other gear, for he loathes tights.

He is known to associate with Ernst Blofeld, but at times can become irritated when such suspicions are made known to him publicly. I have found it’s best not to go there until perhaps strong drinks at the after-party.

Superb Owl might come back around in April far more for his swooping duties too.

Be kind to all his owl friends out there when you go out at night.

3 Likes

GG has been doing that to me today.

1 Like

Gridiron Girl is Superb Owl’s inept sidekick

2 Likes

Thank you for your responses. I am more reassured about my concerns.

6 Likes

no, thank you - your comments inadvertently but importantly touch on the bigger issue of making the forum content users want more accessible to them - ie: improved user-intuitive interface and navigation

4 Likes

I thought this thread was to discuss recent changes i.e. the Lounge section as mentioned in the OP?

My bad… but PM’d you

This thread is to discuss structural changes to the website, not the subject you raised…pm received

2 Likes

Or simply deprioritize it so that it shows up after all the team subforums etc

I kinda agree on both sides; I think banning offtopic outright is silly yet I also understand those who only care about the football side of things and use other forums for nonsense posts

I am amazed at how thin skinned some people appear to be though

3 Likes

What is so special about 4 downs?

Why not have 5 or 6 downs

Fans want offence dam it

1 Like

Oddly enough as those of us around years know, this idea of going to even more than four downs rears its head every off-season in those rules changes threads.

And of course some know that those are rugby league rules with their maximum six tackles per possession or effectively six downs. Ah slow time, we digress once again.
:smiley_cat:

2 Likes

Thank you for your clarification

2 Likes

ten downs!

This is true.

I’m sure you could add some features where you ignore entire sections such as off topic or add warning features so that those who don’t want to see it don’t have to.

To me I know certain parts of the site are cesspools already, such as the Ticat section. I don’t necessarily need to put the section on ignore as I rarely read over there anyway but that option could be available

Admin Note:
all of the most recently requested changes have been implemented and i won't be doing anything more than tweaking existing functionality. any further changes i make going forward will be rolled out with separate topic announcement before hand so we can discuss them and guide users on how they work.

8 Likes

You can already do this and I have had this set since shortly after joining the forum. You can go into preferences and then tracking. Just select the topics you want to see and mute the rest. They then won’t appear on your view of what I call the main board. GGirl can explain it better than I can.

3 Likes

Way ahead of me then…

Thank you

2 Likes

yes the tracking functionality is a bit confusing on how to use, i admit. i think i will make a thread about it because i think many users aren't even aware of it.

4 Likes

it is obvious we need a CFL forums specific User Manual. i will attempt to address this somehow. it may be in the form of a functional FAQ, which we don't have for some reason.

5 Likes

ADMIN NOTE:

if you have any questions about how to use any of the forum features, please post them in the Help Desk category.

3 Likes