Some promising news on C-19 Vaccine: Pfizer mRNA vaccine may have 90%+ efficacy

1 Like

Sadly as evidenced in Europe this won’t be the last along with forthcoming news on JnJ after what many of us have suspected all along.

All vaccines are absolutely not equal and cannot be equal, but that basic scientific fact for any given bunch of lab samples didn’t stop CNN and other media and doctors turned politician from outright lying to the public.

And now we are hearing “but it’s only a few people” and all that as they move those darn goal posts forgetting of course their own exposed folly.

It appears that a whole lot more folks never did any labs in science class any more perhaps or has forgotten the fundamentals over the years as they found certain politics more appealing.

None of this is to be construed or confused with alternative views that vaccines are not safe, for the evidence indicates otherwise along with all the checking I have done with family and those whom I know for sake of side effects (only normal ones observed with some correlations for Moderna or Pfizer, which are the only ones I will consider going forward and there’s no good reason to consider others now but check with your doctor directly).

Effective enough? We’ll find out on that too and I reckon will be fine despite natural mutations but who is to know 6 months from now much as 6 months prior to now given current developments eh?

Risk of blood clots from COVID 8 to 10 times higher than with vaccine: study (msn.com)

2 Likes

Good data with two important qualifiers noted below in these preliminary findings - I suspect we’ll hear a bit more before too long as they study what caused enough problems for governments to act to pause the JnJ and Astra Zeneca vaccines - also the source is NY Daily News, so, well I think I will wait for some others here that are not CNN, Fox News or related companies to either of those.

The researchers themselves cautioned that the findings were extremely preliminary and that “data are still accruing,” so that it’s not conclusive. The findings, though preliminary, can help shed light on the risks and benefits of getting the vaccine, Taquet noted.

The COVID-related clots and the clots that developed after a vaccine stemmed from different mechanisms, professor Beverley Hunt of Thrombosis UK told BBC News. Those hospitalized with COVID-19 can get “sticky” changes in their blood that persist after they’re discharged, increasing the risk of blood clots, she said. But the clotting seen after AstraZeneca shots seemed to be “associated with an immune response.

This could very much well be an issue north of the 49th as well sometime down the road.

1 Like

Smack on I'd say:

"This won’t be the last cycle of abundance and supply Canada will face when it comes to vaccines. More than six million Canadians over the age of 40 are still waiting for their jab. Nobody knows when the next shots will come. But when they do, the people at the front of the line should be the workers who’ve kept our world functioning, at great personal risk to themselves. And the people ensuring this shouldn’t be individual citizens forgoing vaccine appointments or guiltily getting a jab, but the government, with an equitable, accessible system that’s fair to everyone."

1 Like

Quebec City based Medicago has submitted rolling reviews to Health Canada. Vaccines candidate is in the middle of stage 3 clinical trials

If approved, this will be the first Canadian made vaccine on the market. Most will be made in North Carolina but that's faster than coming from Europe.

2 Likes

well, got the juice today. So far still human, I think

5 Likes

Wish the politicians would take notice of the latest news from the US.
Dr Fauci now saying that masks shouldn't be worn outside, the transmission outdoors is almost impossible. Also challenging the 6 foot apart rule.
Why have a 25% rule in a large outdoor stadium. People are not going to catch covid outside even if they are sat next to each other in a stadium!!
Since dropping the mask mandate and opening up, Texas has seen a 58% drop in covid.

1 Like

Could you please post your sources for these statements.

Well of course I am happy you are healthy and may your family continue to be well and how’s that new truck?

In another thread there is some talk of the War of 1812 as I am not sure if you remember or not, so I was hoping you’d weigh in on that one too by all means sir. :thinking::grin:

Hey Doctor Obvious you schmuck! You have been hanging out in DC or Manhattan far too long!

We have not been wearing them outside all along, and did you notice all those protests since last summer at all!

These are the “experts”!?

Perhaps now we learn that some of these folks have alleged that people like me, who when sneezing outside though we sneeze away from people, yet never cover our sneezes (as is the norm in at least 80% of the world), were responsible for that bird flu over a decade ago. :thinking:

To quote Keith Morrison, "I see." :no_mouth:

I think this is the source

Fully vaccinated people can attend small-group outdoor activities without masks, CDC says (msn.com)

Outdoor activities are safe without masks — regardless of whether a person is vaccinated — as long as people are either alone or with immediate family members, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said Tuesday. And fully vaccinated people can gather safely outdoors without masks in small groups.

Still not quite open season yet but it’s coming along.

1 Like

I’m not the only one thinking I will be outside “fully vaccinated” now even though I won’t be close to strangers.

And if course this means I shall be as I have been.

This update they tried to hype up this morning for President Biden, who is many things but he sure is not inspiring either, is a giant nothing burger!

1 Like

Uh-oh. Is this why now in the US they are giving it away outside including to Canada? Even so it’s status quo you simply wait 3 more weeks in the US.

Interesting study from MIT:

"One thing that’s clear, they say, is that simple rules, based on distance or capacity limits on certain types of businesses, don’t reflect the full picture of the risk in a given setting. In some cases that risk may be higher than those simple rules convey; in others it may be lower. "

1 Like