solomon elimimian

Anyone know if Elimimian is a FA, or was he in his option year when he signed with the Vikings?

FA
I am shocked he was cut. I believe he will get picked up down south.

He was one of the last option-year players (I believe that Jerome Messam and Marcus Thigpen were the other two), so if he doesn't find another NFL home, he's on his way back to BC.

News1130 Sports ?@News1130Sports
CKWX has learned that linebacker Solomon Elimiman will be property of the #Lions this afternoon.His NFL dream for this season is over.

Elimimian says the NFL will always be a dream for American players, he and his agent will talk about NFL or CFL after season ends.

Elimimian says the ultimate goal is to win a Grey Cup this season, says he will let coaches figure out his fit with the team

CKWX just talked with #Lions linebacker Solomon Elimimian who is happy to be back with the Lions after his NFL dream ended today

Elimimian's agent has told us this morning that his client is done in the NFL - his rights are back in B.C

Buono traded Brandon Peguese in part to make salaray cap space to add Elimimian on the roster.

gm Wally Buono says Solomon won't be at practise today or tomorrow but will play next week

These are quotes from 1130 sports twitter

Welcome back

Sol.

He belongs to BC but CLEARLY he's most needed by the Ti-Cats.

You are lucky he is not playing this Sat

To my knowledge, Elimimian is in the option year of his original agreement, and thus becomes a FA next season and could attempt another go at the NFL unless a few CFL teams entice him with lucrative offers.

If the latter scenario occurs, Solomon may be the prized free agent of 2013.

no disagreement there BM, and we'd love to have him.. (cap permitting)

...and any decent LB/OL/DL/HB out there as we need all the help we can get. :frowning:

Yup, we do need all the help we can get that is an understatement. :?

For some reason players returning from failed NFL auditions are never quite the same when they come back. Even the really, really good players who fans pray will return to bolster their CFL clubs somehow rarely regain the form that made them stars in the first place. It happens all the time. Not sure why. Sometimes they get hurt. Sometimes they lack the intensity they had before they tried their hand down south. Sometimes it's apparent that said player managed to catch lightning in a bottle for a season or two (just long enough to capture the attention of NFL scouts) but once that lightning fizzles, that's it.

I'm certainly not trying to say that will be the case with Elimimian but then again, it wouldn't surprise me either. Hello Andy Fantuz.

For some reason players returning from failed NFL auditions are never quite the same when they come back. Even the really, really good players who fans pray will return to bolster their CFL clubs somehow rarely regain the form that made them stars in the first place. It happens all the time. Not sure why. Sometimes they get hurt. Sometimes they lack the intensity they had before they tried their hand down south. Sometimes it's apparent that said player managed to catch lightning in a bottle for a season or two (just long enough to capture the attention of NFL scouts) but once that lightning fizzles, that's it.

I'm certainly not trying to say that will be the case with Elimimian but then again, it wouldn't surprise me either. Hello Andy Fantuz.

And Casey Printers.

I agree all the way, i say he will have a good impact just because he has not been away long, if he does, he will try the nfl again next year but i do not think he is NFl bound at all too small.