So why didnt they do this for the CFL

The Royal Canadian Mint has released 6 collector 25 cent coins each with a Canadian NHL team logo. I would love to see them with the CFL team logos

[url=http://www.mint.ca]www.mint.ca[/url]

Maybee the CFL will be in Loonies, to commemorate the Gliebermans!

Just Kidding.

Good question ro1313, perhaps we could ask the mint?

Thats an awesome idea. I want some of the NHL ones and the CFL ones if they make them.

they should have done CFL ones frist, not NHL snice thay don't have any teams in Winnipeg or QC, unless they do vitage ones for the defunct teams.

Maybe they felt sorry for the Canadian NHL teams because they know that only US-based teams win the Stanley Cup any more.

yeah, and Betterman helps them to win, and get money!

that Staleny Cup this year was so fixed, yeah, Caroina was the better team and deseved to win, but they thew game 6, just so that they could have game 7 in Carolina and get more money than they don't get from their regular season games.

Oh I hope they come up with CFL versions of those ... I'm a sucker for sports memorabilia crap!

I did find this, though ... Even though they are quite clearly head-over-heels for the NFL, even though they're also quite clearly a Canadian company (this is what infuriates me) ... at least they do have CFL stuff. And it looks pretty good, too. I definitely want the Stamps jersey evolution ... http://www.mapleleafproductions.com/

(I also like how the quote on the eskimos' plaque is, "not all teams were created equal" ... seems fitting ... since they seem to be rather adept at bending the rules)

There is no team in Moose Jaw either!

Will that be a problem?

It's all about $$$$. The NHL teams in Canada can easily put $ into joint promotion of this product and the mint knows they will sell, guaranteeing a win-win situation. The CFL simply doesn't have the same kind of marketing pull.

I dont think I agree with you Rob.
These coins come out in limited quantities and they will sell regardless as to whether or not they are backed by the NFL

Now ro, we all know by now what KK’s secret dream is:

An NHL franchise in Tuktyoktuk! :lol:

why would we want to make a coin of a place that has never had an NHL team before? honestly Ro, grow up!

I think that if their is a CFL edision to this, it should also inculded Ottawa (2005, if it happens before the team gets back) and Atlantic (?1981? or ?1984? logo)

Why should they not do it because there are no longer teams in Quebec City or Winnipeg?

The world did not end because the Jets moved........Deal with it!

GREAT IDEA , the CFL should have been 1st because there are more CFL teams in CANADA than NHL teams.

ok, what if they did it for the CFL, but just a year or two before, the Montreal Al’s folded, wouldn’t you still want them to do a coin for them for the fans of that former team?

heck, they make coins for the twin towers, their gone now.

....why would they make a coin for the 'former' Als when there is an Alouette team now?....

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

IT'S CALLED A SINARIO!!!!!!!

I WAS SAYING A "WHAT IF" THING FOR RO, WHAT IF THEIR WAS A TEAM IN MONTREAL, IT FOLDS, AND THEN YEARS LATER, THE LEAGUE HAS A DEAL TO MAKE COINS FOR THE LEAGUES TEAMS, DOESN'T HE THINK THEY SHOULD DO THEM FOR THE DEFUNCT TEAMS AS WELL? IN HONOR OF THEM?

Chill, man.....

I would chill, if these guys weren't driving me crazy.

...shaddup, how can I asking you one measly question drive you crazy?...