So, Who will the Als pick FIRST OVERALL in the 2023 draft?

Any good prospects? This team will pick first next spring!

2 Likes

Ça c'est si on ne l'échange pas haha

1 Like

Si Duvernay-Tardif joue, Calgary pourra inverser le choix de 1re ronde. :smirk::person_facepalming:t2:

You mean, who will Danny Maciocia pick first next spring right? He’s the GM who assembled all this ‘amazingly good personnel’. He said so himself. The rationale he used for firing Khari Jones was that team discipline was poor and that the Grey Cup level talent he’d given Jones had been wasted.

Funny thing I just saw on TSN. In the post game interview a reporter stuck it to Danny Maciocia saying,“Maybe the personnel isn’t as good as everyone says it is.”

3 Likes

Je pense que t’a pas a t’inquieter :slight_smile:

Does anyone doubt the Als will pick first in 2023?

1 Like

Unless Macioca trades it away…

1 Like

Théoriquement le Rouge et Noir est encore dans la course :rofl:

2 Likes

Some incentive to tank. (Although tanking might not be required - finishing last might happen quite organically).

Nos. 1 & 3 are potential LTs from Quebec.

1 Like

Don't know when he is eligible, but Kevin Mital is gonna be a special player when he will.

1 Like

Je voyais Mital dans la mire également. On a déjà Philpot et Julien-Grant, alors aller chercher Mital serait un choix qui se défendrait. Mais je crois qu’il ne sera pas éligible avant 2 ans.

1 Like

On s’entend que Mital et Philpot serait partant même avec un passport américain. Ça serait des ratios changer

1 Like

Looking at the team's makeup, Maciocia has to start focusing on the Offensive line, this was his biggest screw up in Edmonton which nearly got Ricky Ray killed. He has two picks in the first round, currently, those are 5 and 6 right smack in the middle of the first round, so he can go up, he can go back. With two local boys the best offensive linemen the league has seen in years in Mat Bergeron who will be drafted in the NFL and Sidy Sow who will get NFL tryouts. He has to find a way to draft both. Bergeron is more of a second or third-round future in a typical CFL draft and Sidy Sow will likely go in the top three picks with Dontae Bull and Kyle Hergel, so Maciocia might need to trade the 5 and 6 picks to move up. I could see Edmonton going for something like that, Ottawa less so. Should be fun to watch.

4 Likes

I agree. Matte is at the end of his career and Gagnon isn’t really a starter anymore. We also have no idea whether Jamieson will come back in form and Rice isn’t getting any younger. Time to replenish at O-line.

2 Likes

I agree that we should invest in Oline this year. Dontae Ball would be great and there is Theo Benedet who is a really good prospect at LT from UBC. Getting him and Sidy Sow could be great for the futur of this Oline.

Bergeron will play in the NFL even if I would love to see him with the Alouettes. He’s from my hometown and I had his brother/sister in a sport camp when I was younger.

2 Likes

So they could be positive thing if where terrible next year ! We could have the best Canadian WR duo of the league and one of the best I ever saw

On l’a déjà avec Philpot et Julien-Grant. Mais on n’a jamais trop de bons jeunes receveurs comme eux, n’est-ce pas?

Ouais Julien-Grant est excellent aussi mais Mital est à un autre niveau selon moi

Actually its too bad he’s not in this year’s draft. with the 5th and 6th pick Maciocia could probably turn that into a #1 pick and grab him.

1 Like

With the list of candidates we have as next HC, would’t be surprise if we actually have the 1st pick overall next year

1 Like