So, who to cut?

I too am surprised about Bowling. Guess that means MayPray will start as teh returner.

Somehow I think we'll see Bo Bowling sooner than later. If he plays with the intensity he showed in the 1st pre-season game, his future looks great. With Maypray, it's been hit-and-miss - sometimes a return for a TD, next time barely 5 yards. Consistency is what wins the day, so we'll see who, week in, week out can get the job done.

Does anyone know if the roster on the Als' site is the final one?

So, does this mean we’re keeping both Baker and London? Seems like we’re carrying too many receivers at the moment. I’d sure like to see one more import DB backing up the starting four.

If we have room for both receivers, welcome to the club! You never know when someone can go down to injury. With a pass-happy O, we need guys who call haul 'em in. I especially liked what I say from London, pulling them down in tight coverage.

I'm still a little skittish about the DHs. We gave up big yards - BIG TIME last season. It got better toward the end and helped us secore the B2B GC. However, I'm not overly impressed with the crew we have. Anybody else feel that way?

Just received a notice on FB. According to that, the roster on the Als' site is the final roster.

We did get torched last season, but the defense stiffened up when it counted, and IMO moving Parker out to corner will help cut down the big plays we give up. Anderson should be a physical shutdown presence inside. And I’ve always liked Brown and Estelle.

I am curious to see if Watkins placed on 1-game or 9-game injured list. So far no mention.

The roster on Als site includes Dix and there are 48 players,him included. I am anxious to see the CFL transactions; maybe Bernard is injured.

We don't have the choice but to keep and dress 5 import WR; hence,there being only 1 non-import receiver,we need 5 imports. This number excludes Maypray.

Given that Estelle and Brown were injured,during training camp, I can't imagine that we have only 4 import DB; I would not be surprised if 1 or 2 are brought in for tryout; we may even try to sign one already on another team practice roster.

Richard

In Dixs case he might just be going home to visit a sick relative or something like that. It doesnt mean he wont be available for the next game. He figures in the teams plans or they would have just released him.

As we know the team would have gone with Seth Williams if not for his injury. Dix got a reprieve.

According to TSN, Watkins has been placed on the 9-game injury list until he recovers from his sinus problem and can pass a physical.

Certainly not the best news, but hopefully he can recover before then and be taken off the list.

Bratton filled in last year when Watkins was out and hopefully he will do well again.

If we’re going to deal with a 9-game injury absence at any position, it may as well be at receiver, where we’re loaded. Bratton actually did very little when Watkins was out of the lineup, but this year, we have Deslauriers, London, Baker, and possibly Bowling to step into Kerry’s shoes.

I’m far more worried about any future injuries at defensive tackle and defensive back, because we don’t have much depth at either position.

What type of sinus surgery did he have to keep him out so long? I thought Herb Zurkowsky said Watkins had his adenoids removed. I looked that up the US National Library of Medicine website and it said that type of surgery was rare for adults but children recover from it in usually a week or two (http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/003011.htm). It’s been about a month for Watkins now. Is there something more to this or was Herb Zurkowsky wrong about the type of surgery?

The Alouettes haven`t been completely forthcoming nor have made Watkins available to the press, so I guess this leads to speculation.

But he did have the surgery here in Montreal under the supervision of Alouettes doctors. Why wasnt it done earlier? Were there complications? The team will be back at practice tomorrow and Im sure reporters will now be asking Trestman and Popp these questions.

Popp would probably have to look outside the team in cases like this. We talked about Curry and Robede (Radio Canada saying Als not interested at present) at DT, Chunky Adams was released by Edmonton today. A pretty decent DB Lenny Walls was also released today by Edmonton, although probably because Calgary burnt him last night.

One more thing in regards to the Watkins situation.

As his ailment is not football related, the Als were not obligated to take him off the suspended list and put him on the injury list. By doing so they are doing a classy thing by paying him his full salary (although some of it might be covered by insurance).

His salary wont count against the cap, but it sure counts in Mr. Wetenhalls wallet.

Bernard-RB-I-,is no longer on the Als roster; excluding Dix,there are at 46 players,i.e. 23 imports and 23 non-imports. Released? Injured? I presume injured; I know that Jim Popp told Radio-Canada,yesterday,that Bernard was injured.

To me,it made no sense to keep 3 import RB on the roster.

If Watkins is on the 9 game injury list, it will ease/leave more flexibility on SMS; yes,it will have an impact on Mr,Wetenhall finance,but leave Jim with more flexibility/funds to improve/find needed players.-DB and DT-

When I look at Hamilton active roster, I realize that they only have 21 non-imports and only 5 players-3 I and 2 N- on defensive line; one of the non-import is a rookie. "Quand je me regarde,je me désole,quand je me compare,je me console".

Richard

There are very stringent laws in Quebec and Canada for that matter regarding peoples medical records, especialy if this is not football related. I think the Als are just being professional. Kerry is likely to require four weeks or so to recover and get into game shape so being a six figure receiver for now putting him on the nine game list makes sense.

When Watkins was suspended at the start of camp, various members of the media were reporting that he was expected to be back and practicing within a couple of weeks. That timeline matches up with the recovery period from the medical website. I hope there wasn’t some sort of complication or anything. It would just be nice if the Als or Watkins would say something to ease uncertainties especially amongst Als fans. All of June and going on the 9 game IR just seems really extreme for this type of surgery.

I emailed Kerry and he didn’t reply. He always has before… a friend of mine is a surgery nurse and she told me that this type of surgery in adults is much more difficult than in kids. It is anyone’s guess.

As per CFL transactions, Kerry Watkins is on 9 game injury list-to September 10- and Yvenson Bernard on 1 game injury list.-to July 8-

Richard