So, was the team you cheer for a Free Agency Winner or Loser?

As I said he did poorly in Winnipeg but I didn’t really follow him much while he was in Montreal but expect that you did. BC hopes you are right.

2 Likes

If mediocrity is the goal this season the Riders were a free agency winner.

1 Like

Well, they are banking heavily on Harris and Wieneke being able to transform the offense with an unproven OC. I hope it works out for them. They’d better give Harris protection in the pocket, though, because he cannot scramble to avoid pressure.

1 Like

I think the Tiger-Cats probably did the best they have ever done during the free agency period in an attempt to win a Grey Cup...My only fear is that it's basically a "blow the salary cap" for one year, win or lose, and sell it off as soon as possible after the Grey Cup next November. In other words, it's not a commitment to wining long term, just win now and forget about things after...

2 Likes

Harris had better learn how to scramble… Our OL is gonna need time to gel.

1 Like

He can’t scramble. He’s 37 and he’s always been a pylon. Once in a blue moon, he might give you an unexpected first down with his legs, mainly because no one’s expecting it. But most of the time, when the pressure comes, he’ll either get the ball out of his hands to a receiver or take a sack. He is what he is.

1 Like

Oh I know he’s strictly a pocket passer – whose best years are behind him.
Was merely suggesting he learn to run if he hopes to survive this season. :wink:

3 Likes

Say it (VAJ) out loud. That’s your answer.

1 Like

sorry, just not getting it??

Since 2005, Jones was the only winning GC coach for Edmonton

1 Like

Jones has always used extreme creativity to hide the cash flow on roster pay… Sometimes he gets often he does not…the CFL really don’t look hard for these transgressions

1 Like

Never ever been a great QB that did not have EXCEPTIONAL receivers that did not tend to make the QB look like he threw PERFECT Passes 96 percent of the time

2 Likes

Yeah, if anything, Trevor Harris will have to prove that he can be productive in SSK without basically just tossing up low-percentage passes for Geno Lewis and having Lewis make circus catches time after time. Underthrowing the deep ball didn’t help either. Receivers always had to come back to the ball because Harris’s long passes tended to float.

1 Like

Now now let’s not jump to conclusions Grover. It could be that FootbalYouBet is just practicing ‘Safe VAJ’.

1 Like

Add that to the 2nd and 3rd syllables of the city where the Riders play.

If you still don’t get it, I can’t help ya.

1 Like

I dont carry my faith down there

What happens in Regina stays in Regina, eh?

:see_no_evil:

:hear_no_evil:

:speak_no_evil:

2 Likes

Yup. Plus - he always has a run of 5-6 losses somewhere in the season. I was astounded to look and see that in his stats. Even last season. Even 2022, weeks 1-9, 6 loses, 2 wins.

Was I delusional or did I read that Trevor Harris is set to make $500,000 this year in Saskatchewan?

1 Like

I made $500,000 once. Fortunately I didnt do a good enough job to get arrested

1 Like