So the harris injury from saturday night has been disclosed. Schitz from Thursday nothing

Shiltz injury

Shhhhh!!! We can’t let the Argos know who is starting at quarterback. It will be a HUGE advantage for them…lol.

3 Likes

If the injury requires surgery or other medical procedures its usually disclosed. If there’s hope the injury/nick isn’t too bad, teams usually stretch out the injury timeline by revealing little or nothing at all. Even Zach Collaros appeared wobbly after taking a violent sack in OT during Bombers loss to Ottawa. At the time I guaranteed there would be no information coming out re: Collaros. In all fairness Zach played injured during last year’s Grey Cup loss in Regina. He may be 35, might have a history of concussions but the guy is a gamer and when he’s right amongst the best QBs ever to play the game up north.

2 Likes

Not to sound rude but how does anyone here not get that everything is a secret with this organization unless it involves advertising or marketing

5 Likes

We should know about Shiltz with the first practice this week. Who will take first team reps?

They do it because they can. League doesnt ask for much. The easy-breezy relationship with the Spec asks even less.

2 Likes

The advertising, merch & food services are the only non-secrets in Bomberland. Injuries are secretive as all hell.
C’mon folks - its a public, community organization. We should know season ticket sales (even if a fraction are in small paks of 4 games or less), gameday attendance, etc.
But we don’t . . . .

1 Like

So here is my personal take on this continuing topic of “secrecy “.
I’ve had seasons tickets for 45 years and attended games when I could afford it before that. I’ve never thought about not going to a game or supporting this team because I didn’t know who was starting at any position. Knowing so would be nice but (for me) not necessary. I can understand the betting argument being posted by others but if your a supporter of this team, does not knowing injuries earlier than required prevent you from going to a game or watching it on TV?
I’m curious :thinking:

4 Likes

According to the July 17 injury report, Schiltz is "questionable"for Friday

The report is out already? Usually its around 5pm.

Considering they haven’t announced a qb signing, I’m guessing Shiltz will be on the sideline in one way or another on Friday, probably as someone else mentioned as an emergency third string. If it was a long term (I.e. more than week to week) issue they probably could have brought K’Nosi Perry back in or another guy from their neg list. Unless they figure Bo will be back soon.

Schiltz was walking around unassisted in the locker room after the game and was part of the teams celebrations ( there’s a Instagram video of him and BLM congratulating Powell on his TD pass). I know that doesn’t mean much, but it does probably mean it is not a serious injury like Masoli or Trevor Harris. My guess is he is still very sore but will dress this week but Powell will be the starter. I predict BLM won’t be our starter again until August 17th after our by week. If the sky isn’t falling, and we’re most likely not going to catch Toronto for first, then why rush BLM back before 6 games? Of course this all depends on if I am correct about Schiltz.

2 Likes

6 gamed

3 Likes

Drew Willy parade kits on sale now!!!

Matt Nichols? Not so much!

1 Like
1 Like

“Would not confirm what the injury is”

Obviously it’s bad enough for him to go on the 6-game, so why the silence? Not even upper/lower body? What a joke of an organization…

2 Likes

No worries. Season is still young. We will be great when we get back Bo and then Matt. Not concerned for Toronto’s fast start either. Chad Kelly will be figured out. I just think of last season when the Riders started 4 - 1. They came back to earth quickly. Lots of football left.

2 Likes

What makes you believe that?
There was nothing great about the 7.5 quarters he played, starting the season.

3 Likes

Need another backup QB? Looks like David Watford is currenty a free agent.

1 Like

No silence, it was on the CFL injury list “questionable leg” :roll_eyes:

1 Like