so Tay are you gonna play?

i think the organization should release a statement regarding Tay Cody either announcing his release or stating he is still with the team and will be(unless of course we trade him). many of us would like to know, and it just gives us something to talk about. thoughts?

If he's under contract we have to assume he'll report. The team will suspend players under contract who fail to report. Not much more can be said IMO

Here's a statement....

He is on the roster.

5'9" DBs whose play has tailed off in their most recent season are not in huge demand elsewhere. He doesn't call the shots on this one. Let him twist in the wind a bit. He'll be back but on the team's terms.

An Argo-Cat fan

i think what the person who started this thread was looking for was really just some clarification on tay's situation by someone,preferably bob-o, regarding his face being plastered all over the florida team's website in that other league while still being on the active roster of another team in another league.instead of coming off like a know-it-all and sounding so matter-of-factly, why wouldn't you just agree.what it all comes down to is that you're really just a poster who has no reason to pretend like you do know it all.i'm not sure all of his teammates even know what his deal is.

city legend

I assume that since he's under contrat here the other league will have to go to court to get Tay, making it unlikely

He has Breached his deal.
IMO The Team needs to take a Stand

How is letting him get his way by releasing him going to send a message. What do you have in mind?

The Best way is Fine Him.
Every day he misses Fine him .

That is meaningless unless you actually get him up here. Seeking an injuction against Tay and the other league until an agreement can be worked out between the leagues would be a better route, but I am not a lawyer so I have no idea if its feasible

I checked the rosters of Florida and all the other teams in that league and saw no mention of Cody. Is this just rumour or did his name appear at one time?

Thats interesting. I guess I'll go back to, if he's under contract we have to assume that he'll be in camp this spring

Well He was on their roster But now he’s been Removed…

So, I guess either he changed his mind or the team didn't want to get into any type of legal quigmire over tampering charges.
That could be a real problem for an upstart league if they start off having to deal with lawyers and all the bad press that goes with it.

It both saddens and frightens me that I'm starting to agree with you so often (I'm telling myself that it's the Cat fan side I'm agreeing with) :wink:

I've always liked Tay and I would sincerely love to see him back here and playing well (not at safety), but the fact that he is still a part of our roster speaks for itself. He either reports or he's in breach of contract and I wouldn't just suspend him, I'd sue him for breach. At some point we have to take a stand on these issues.

We set a dangerous precedent with the Goss situation and I'm getting a little tired of it. He doesn't decide if he gets traded, the GM will decide whether we can get something of value for him or if it's in our best interest to keep him.

Welcome back, Borehamgirl. I hope the knee surgery went well.

(Borehamgirl)
I've always liked Tay and I would sincerely love to see him back here and playing well (not at safety), but the fact that he is still a part of our roster speaks for itself. He either reports or he's in breach of contract and I wouldn't just suspend him, I'd sue him for breach. At some point we have to take a stand on these issues.

In reference to the above quote, I completely agree. Cody needs to play his own position and if he is in breach of contract, appropriate steps need to be taken.

Suspending him is enough if he retires