So Long Sara Orlesky

My beloved Sara is leaving the CFL sidelines to go to work for the Winnipeg Jets.

An absolute gem of a sideline reporter for 14 and a half years.

Always engaging, polite and a favourite of the players, coaches, management and fans.

I will miss her sideline reporting and also that gorgeous smile.

Best of luck to you Sara!

11 Likes

Dare I say she was a whole lot easier on the eyeballs than John Lu? I'll miss her for sure.

5 Likes

John Lu ? You mean Conky......right ?

5 Likes

I dont care what they look like, as long as they keep the sideline talking to between the plays.

1 Like

I wonder if Brodie Lawson wants to be back in the biz? Always liked her.

2 Likes

I liked her as well. Too bad TSN turfed her - they need to keep some of the younger talent around and shake up the game day broadcast. But that’s for another thread.

3 Likes

Welcome home and welcome to THE WINNIPEG JETS Sara.

1 Like

One of the few female sportscasters I like. Too bad I don't live in the Jets region.

2 Likes

Dumping Rotten Rod Black was a gem of a move by the network. Losing Smiling Sara Orlesky & Brodie Lawson? Not so much!

4 Likes

The Jets are a local sports organization that does everything well - OFF THE ICE.

ON THE ICE - not so much. An organization saddled with one of the worst GMs in the league; a guy so sleepy he rarely speaks to the public and then only in drowsy, semi-apologetic terms. The Jets best offensive players are their very worst defensive players.
The Jets best defenders can't keep opposition skaters out of their net.
Sara's addition will only put lipstick on a turd.

1 Like

Only on the CFL Forum would we take a nice story and take a dump on it ."Irregardless" , we will miss you Sara . You were the best . Better than all the rest .

6 Likes

No way!!! Since when did Winnipeg sign Orlondo "Stein" as GM of the Jets?

3 Likes

4 - Team-specific forums are safe havens for those fans. Trash-talk from fans of other teams in those forums is not allowed.

2 Likes

The Mighty Pope, and most of the world’s Catholics, are actually Cats fans. Part of our penitence.

1 Like

You're probably half right . :laughing:

1 Like

Exactly right, I'm trying to watch/listen to football insights not cheerleaders. The soft spoken Sara did well, good luck to her.
We need to get rid of some people from the booth....

2 Likes

Ah yes, them thunkering booth people - - - these are mostly immovable objects as proven over time. Cases in point - look how long it took for TSN to shed Atrocious Rod Black, and before Black it was the eternally struggling John Wells.
Seems the only way to leave the booth is either to die (Big Chris) or get a higher-paying job (PLOP, Smilin' Hank)
I'm afraid The Rookie (Neilsen) is gonna be with us for at least 20 years - while Old Glenny (age 61) will prolly pass out in the booth with his cleats on, clenching his game notes!

And she asked very intelligent questions !

3 Likes