so.. how do we win this game

The Arholes are ranked top 3 in offence and defence. You may need to go into a little more detail :wink:

Ok, score 1 more point than them… done!

I’ll take it. :slight_smile:

pray

Our best hope, Toronto has a bad game, a really bad game. Other than that, to stand a chance of coming out on top of this one, we need our defense to have their best game, (defense wins games). If the offense can score some points, that would be nice too.

We need our O line to block like one guy does in this video game (glitch). Send those Argos defenders flying! lol

[url=http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2177650-bizarre-glitch-in-madden-15-sends-players-flying?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=programming-national]http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2177 ... g-national[/url]

To Quote vince McMahon

They have :
NO QB
NO RB
No OLine
No Direction from Coaches
A Pass Happy Coach who dose no the meaning of Run the Dam ball.

Odds are Argos will Blow them out…

To me, it's all about 2nd down.

Defence needs to make plays & get off the field on 2nd down while the Offence needs to make plays & stay on the field on 2nd down & extend drives.

Hamilton converts on 2nd down @ a rate of 36%. Only Ottawa & Montreal have lower 2nd down conversion rates.

Hamilton allows their opponent to convert on 2nd down at a rate of 43.8%. Only Ottawa & Winnipeg are worse.

Toronto converts on 2nd down 44.1% of the time for 4th best in the league while keeping its opponents 2nd down conversion rate at only 36.1% of the time for 3rd best league wide.

Again, Hamilton needs to not put itself in 2nd & long situations making it much easier to convert thus staying on the field longer & extending drives. Conversely, the defence must make stops on 2nd down & not take penalties that extend drives for Toronto.

Also, Toronto has been susceptible to the BIG play. They've given up a league leading 27 BIG plays while Hamilton has made the most BIG plays across the league with 23.

Finally, redzone conversion. Hamilton converts for a Touchdown once inside the redzone at a rate of 43.8% of the time which is 5th in the league. Toronto's redzone TD conversion rate is 65.2% which is good for 2nd best in the league. Both Hamilton & Toronto have had trouble limiting their opponents' redzone TD conversions. They rank at the bottom of the league accordingly.

Chad Owens out again, first he had a foot injury and now he's out with a leg injury.

Means Mo Man could Play :slight_smile: Good

Milanovich expects Slaton to be available with Durie & Chiles being questionable.

Even with the news that Collaros will possibly get the start on Monday I see this as a game the defence and special teams need to win. We must win the turnover battle hem Toronto in there own end of the field. I have confidence in our ST but IMHO the defence has to play better. They haven't been pathetically bad but they just seem to fall short.

The only thing I want the St to do differently is to stop asking Medlock to pooch a punt when we are kicking near the Toronto end zone. This is not his strength and he shanks them a lot usually resulting in disappointing field position and more importantly a loss of momentum. Let him hammer it! There is nothing wrong with scoring a point . Other positives could be the returner makes a bad decision and comes out, a fumble and the punt does not bounce into the end zone etc...
Personally I'd rather they went for it on third down.

Here are some things the defence needs to do
Pressure off the edge. DE's need to be a lot better. If Ray has time to throw all other strategy will fail.
No rushing three down Linemen. Ever!
Blitz on every play if you have to.
Play Eric Harris a lot more. The guy is a playmaker.
Butler has been a step behind the last few games . He needs to become an impact player. More timely hits.
This is the game that separates the contenders from the pretenders . Butler needs to lead and have an impact.
Stop Toronto from throwing to the backs. Especially Slaton.
Db's need to want the ball and go get it. Turnovers will win this game.
Intensity, Intensity, Intensity !!!
Football is an emotional game.
Display emotion show Toronto it is not going to be a double blue afternoon but a black and blue afternoon .
This is usually a game that is won , not by the better team, but by the team that wants it the most.

Great analysis of the Defence. Not sure I agree with going for it on third down as much as punting.

With they way OC flags have been handed out like party favours this year, I wonder how much of this we’ll see.

I know Collaros is back wich is good because Collaro>Masoli. but unless he turns us into a playoff contender, I don’t know what his long term output will be.

After being sidelined for weeks after his concussion/back injury I’m worried about how rusty and how gun shy the kid will be. The other thing, unless ALL of our recievers are wearing #17, the TOR Defence is going to shut down his passing options really, really quickly.

We need to score MORE points tht our opponent does. These constant 5-yd passes then 3-yd running plays must stop.

I think the Ticats are due to win a close game instead of losing like 4 or their last 6 losses, odds got to even out, so it's about time luck is on their side. So to answer the question of how to win this game is some good luck instead of bad.

See Lefevour, Dan.

I doubt he calls his own plays anotherdork. At least when he runs its more than 3-yd gains.

Of course not. But an OC can only tailor plays according to the players abilities. DL could not throw deep and thus short routes are what you are left with.

You could be right anotherdork. But even with Burris’ cannon last year I don’t remember this team going deep very often.

I’m in the camp that DL doesn’t have a strong arm (if he did he’d likely be in the nfl) but he can still throw deep it just he has to put a lot of air under the ball to get it there. Unlike someone such as Smith in MTL.

So how’s everyone’s feeling on our chances this week.

I think we’re around 40 percent chance. That # being so high cuz we’re at home, hopefully!