Sky dome built for Argos

Sky Dome built for Argos , 6 min10

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0e3f4sWNFh4

OMG. How embarrassing

Maybe this is why Torontonians hate the arholes so much lol.

What a freakin joke... The sky dump was doomed to failure from the start

Worst stadium to watch any sport especially our game.

Give me an S...S, give me a K...K, give me a Y...Y, give me a D...D, give me a U...U, give me an M...M, give me a P...P, what's that spell? SKYDUMP What's that spell? SKYDUMP Yeeeeeaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wooooooooooooohhhhoooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!

Better hope the jays dont make the playoffs. Hard to believe this has been a possibility ever since skydome opened

http://on.thestar.com/1p7PB2k

Not true

Very True Statement !

I attended the Blue Jays & Philly game of the World Series in 1993 when Joe Carter hit the home run in the ninth inning to win the Jays second and back to back World Series it was great, I was one of the only fans though next to Captain Canada at the game cheering prior to Carter hitting the home run, like most Toronto fans who are more like Opera Fans than Baseball or Football, in the US they laugh at Toronto fans, So it's not as much about the Dome as it is about the fans who attend the games and NO nothing about Sports, ESPN Has voted Toronto the Worst Sports Market in North America for years now and why, because they are such losers!!

Sorry BIGCAT - unless by Captain Canada you mean the other 50,000 of us at that game I have to challenge you on that comment as I was at that game too. Yes at times in the middle innings of that game when the Jays had a lead the crowd sort of settled in for a few innings, but once the Jays fell behind in both the bottom of the 8th and 9th innings we were ALL on our feet roaring long before the deafening din at the moment of Cater's home run.

Watching replays of that game (which I've done numerous times over the last 20 years) numerous times during both the 8th and 9th innings the CBS cameras panned the crowd with EVERYBODY on their feet roaring. I recall Sean McDonough even using the phrase 'the SkyDome is quiet no more!' and that was in the bottom of the 8th when the Jays got runners on base but did not score.

Yes generally Jays crowds had a quiet reputation - but late in that game - we were not quiet - far from it.

And these days with the Jays crowd skewing much younger, the crowds are better. This past Sunday at the game with the entire crowd on its feet after the Jays tied it in the bottom of the 9th with the bases loaded - it was loud in there.

For most Argos games I think it is the sea of empty seats that somewhat saps the energy out of a crowd. Not always but quite often. Something about being in a full or nearly full stadium/arena crowd creates more energy in everybody. I think you put 24,000 Argos fans in a place like BMO and I'm willing to bet those same fans are much more engaged and into a game compared to being in the half empty Rogers Centre.

I really think it will make a huge difference, make it more energetic, make it more fun and make people want to come back - by being in a right sized stadium.

We should put it to the season ticket holders. Endzone lounge below the Video-board is great and loaded with different beers.