Six Months since last Caretaker Update!

You’re welcome to say whatever you’d like! Ignore the old farts, keep posting and become one yourself. Its the Ti-Cats / CFL forum. The more ideas and opinions the better.

Why do you assume you're the only one with knowledge or these outside areas ?

I know a lot too and know for a "fact" other than Brownie banquets, tee-ball , car accidents, golden wedding anniversaries and death notices these papers are NOT an effective way of raising the team's profile

Yes , they are read, but more accurately they are glanced at for the above then thrown out.

As a result they serve little or no purpose as an ad vehicle for an urban dominated audience the Cats are building/building on.

I trust the professionalism of Young's marketing team. If they arent using penny savers as ad vehicles it is because there is a very good reason as to why.

Thanks

Considering that the Ti-Cats are a privately held company, getting accounting data is in the order of slim to none. Even this information can be misleading even though it fulfils all GAAP rules. It also has to do with how a contract is loaded. Does the player get the majority of the money the first year or the second year or is is spread out evenly? Also if the team loses $2 million does it mean that Bob Young is out $2 Million from his wallet.. depending upon tax laws he may actually come out ahead. Also being the team owner does have some perks that come with the position. That and a profit does not look too good when a CFLPA situation may come up.. Sit back and enjoy the game and don't worry about things you have no control over.

No worries. Everyone can, and are encouraged to, ask about whatever they want to know.

Just don’t get your hopes up that you’ll get an intelligent answer… :wink:

Cheers, Bob.

I’m almost sorry I started this thread, let’s give Mr. Young what he asked for…some questions. I for one have always sympathetically grinned at the rolling eye chuckle Mr. Young express’s when he mentions his learning curve into the sports entertainment business that is the CFL.

I’d also be very interested specifically in a brief insight as to a few of his highlight learned lessons both positive/negative, and maybe an invaluable serendipitous anecdote that I’m sure he has experienced on this journey.

I would like to hear his thoughts on what LRT and TOD (Transit Oriented Development) can do for the Tiger-Cats, IF LRT gets the go ahead.

( Please note, this is not meant as a discussion for or against LRT for Hamilton. This isn't the place for it. Rather, what it might mean for the Tiger-Cats if, and only if, LRT becomes a reality.)

Here's an observation on LRT from someone who isn't that conversant about LRT. I have no idea if LRT is worth it to Hamilton or the Ticats, an east-west line that is. However image-wise LRT puts Hamilton into an upper echelon of cities much larger than Hamilton and with more image. And image could translate into more business investment, perhaps. Hamilton can't get a "major" league sports franchise (Ticats are major in my mind and or Grey Cup but just saying to those that need the New Yorks, Bostons, Chicagos etc. in whatever sports league to make them feel "big time") then the next best thing might be LRT for the majority (I'll take a super football stadium any day myself but I'm in the minority on that one I'll agree)

Ask anyone -.besides me :wink: - LRT or NHL team? No need to answer that question. Even the RTH crew chooses NHL. :stuck_out_tongue:

we'll get one filmed before next week's game against Toronto and have it up shortly afterwards.
...well Bob, where is it? :)

Do the owners of other professional sports teams give regular status updates or is our beloved Caretaker a pioneer in this area too?

Ted Leonis owner of the Washington Capitals is very active.

As is Mark Cuban

There are probably more.

Also missing this season on TiCats' TV, something I miss more than The Caretaker Updates, are the regular chats with Obie.

Mr. Young is probably directing the installation of plywood over his windows in N.C. as we speak. Perhaps he'll update us on Hurricane Irene later.