Six Months since last Caretaker Update!

How aboot it Bob? I'm sure you've got something to update! :wink:
...anyone else with me?

yes how about news on IWS II
Blue Prints something or where we are playing in 2012 and or 2013

I doubt we'd be able to see blueprints until after the Request For Proposals process is complete, but it hasn't even started yet.

As far as I can recall, we're playing at Ivor Wynne in 2012, and construction starts very soon after the season is done and lasts through the 2013 season. I remember reading that we wouldn't find out where we play in 2013 until some time in early 2012, but I forget the source.

Not me. Bob is busy enough and has a lot more going on in his business life than just the Ticats. My guess is he will give an update when he is ready to and/or has something worth saying.

Bob can tell us all that we are now -$150,000 lighter and under the salary cap :wink:

Thats what a lot are missing about the Bruce trade. It's always nice to have room to sign a good player if you need to later in the season.

I am being very sarcastic, I hate this trade eg:our young cheaper $ receivers to me have proved NOTHING: racking up yards on two struggling teams BIG DEAL :roll: A FLASH IN THE PAN If it wasn't for a Veteran like Stala we would have Lost last week !

i doubt Mr Young would have insight into the new stadium after all he is a tennant, he's not building the stadiu,. Wouldn't it be the Pan Am games people and the city that would be working on the plans and drawings. Have they hired an engineering architect yet?
By the way in construction engineering they are not called "blueprints" they are called "Drawings"

You guys beat me to it. Steve Lowe (in charge of all Ticats media productions, among other things) and I were talking about this last week. If I had not been late to the Montreal game we'd have put one up by now.

In any case we'll get one filmed before next week's game against Toronto and have it up shortly afterwards.

But it won't be about the stadium. There is both nothing to report (that I know of) and besides it is up to Infrastructure Ontario, or Hamilton's Mayor to announce any new news on the stadium they are building. Although like you, as a Hamiltonian and Ticat fan, I'm eager to hear any news as the new Stadium as it is very important to the Pan Am games, to the future of our community, and to our team.

So, given we have yet to film the next update - besides the Stadium, what do you want to hear about?

okay then how where are we playing the 2012 & 2013 ?
Ticket Prices are they going up ?

"

okay then how where are we playing the 2012 & 2013 ?
Ticket Prices are they going up ?

He just said that it is up to IO and the Mayor to announce any stadium news. As for pricing, I would think that when the new stadium is built in three or four year the likelihood of prices going up or good. Still can't beat the prices at a CFL game, totally underpriced. Did you know that the cheapest prices in most NFL stadiums is $60

Here you go Onknight just look at these pics from Ottawa, they have plans, drawings and an architect. Let's take some ideas

http://cannondesignblog.com/?p=6647
8) "Onknight" did not ask about any stadium news in the question that you quoted, "medlockgirl" .
  He asked the Caretaker if he had any news as to where the Cats will be playing once construction starts at IW. !!!

PS:   When quoting someone, it is advisable to included the posters name, with the quote.  
           It avoids a lot of confusion !!

Is the club close to breaking even or do we still have a ways to go? (although I don't really expect an answer on this one) What's the situation on a division 2 soccer franchise and NASL,I heard there was a falling out? Any ideas as to the temp location to play at while the stadium is being built? Your thoughts on the ABIII trade? (although I understand if the response is Scott, Bob and Marcel know far more about football then I and I trust them entirely). What's the story about this Tigertown sports advertising for Limeridge I saw last game? Any plans to sponsor another fighter for UFC 140? What are your thoughts on the Ottawa expansion? and last but not least, when can I get the new hat you'll probably be wearing when you do the update? :wink:

I can tell you this much they are playing at IW in 2012! thats been known for awhile now! That came from people that work at 1 Jarvis st!

Would you guys like a pound of Bob's flesh also? For all that man has done for this team all he gets in return is a bunch of clawing badgers wanting more and more from him. It's never enough. You always have to get more out of him in some way.

So, given we have yet to film the next update - besides the Stadium, what do you want to hear about?
I'm always interested in the marketing aspect. Specifically, I'm curious as to why there doesn't seem to be much advertising to the surrounding communities in their local weekly papers etc. The cost of a weekly advertisement is generally insanely cheap and those papers are guaranteed to end up in everyone's mailbox at no cost to the residents.

The list of communities in your catchment area is massive as is the circulation.

Example:
Stoney Creek News
Ancaster News
Dundas News
Grand River Sachem
Glanbrook Gazette
Regional News (Haldimand)
Haldimand Press
Dunnville Chronical
Grimsby/Lincoln News
and whatever other papers are in Brantford, Burlington, Niagara, Simcoe, Guelph etc.

Forgive me if you are already advertising is a few of these papers and I missed it. I do know for a fact though that there is no ongoing advertising in many of these publications.

PS...kudos on the progress of the team this year.
PSS..Festival of Friends is this weekend at the brand new Ancaster Fairgrounds and wouldn't it have been neat to arrange that all the hundreds of volunteers to be issued Tiger-Cat ball caps to wear on the grounds as a form of promotion of the Tiger-Cats.(especially since so many people will be coming from out of town

(just thinking out loud) :wink: 8)

At least 90% of that "catchment" is already covered by the Spec whos team coverage acts as an advert anyway in addition to their game day supplement.Then add TV and internet.

The thought that an ad in a weekly print newspaper, much of which goes instantaneoulsy to the blue bin or rabbit cage, in the sticks could possibly add any weight to marketing is quaint if not silly. People in these areas who would be interested in coming are already doing so.

yes I agree, that was my point too. Onknight was still asking where the team will play even after Mr Young had stated he doesn't know anything about stadium issues!!! The city will be deciding that, so why ask Mr Young
As for wanting to know if the team broke even, that is not a public question, the team is privately owned and that type of information is private
seems like new posters on here are given a hard time, I don't need a lecture every time I post.

I think it's time to say good bye to some of you old farts on this site who think they own it. I'm going back to the 13th Man where your opinions are respected

The thought that an ad in a weekly print newspaper, much of which goes instantaneoulsy to the blue bin or rabbit cage, in the sticks could possibly add any weight to marketing is quaint if not silly.
..the exact opposite actually.

Rural/local weekly newspapers are typically read thoroughly by those who receive it free in their mailbox. Ask the thousands of retirees in the gated retirement communities of the Villages of Glancaster or Twenty Road Place if they read the local weekly religiously. :wink: (and these are generally people with means who spend their time golfing, travelling etc. and have a decent disposable income)

But, thanks for offering your opinion on my posts.....you can always be counted on like clockwork 8)