sitting on their hands

Is just me or is there tendancy for Obie, Womack and Cortez to sit on their hands and watch other teams shore up their rosters? Now that we know Knowlton will not be back for several weeks and Eiben is unable to play anything other than special teams. Do you honestly think the braintrust are making any attempt to correct the defensive problems? The allways injured Ike Brown is guess what, injured again. As Pay Lynch said, when is a Peach not a peach and when is a Rose not a rose? Answer, when they play denfence. While the braintrust sit on their hands and pay a tailback $150,000.00 to get splinters in his rear end the world turns and they have NO competent replacement for Knowlton. Do you think Creehan can pull a rabbit out of his hat? This is what you get when they hire a coach that yells and screams at players.........a very very poor defense with no suitable backups. Thursday night should be a dandy - Winnipeg 45 Hamilton 6

It's the price you pay for spending a lot in free agency. Every team has to work within the SMS, and the money may not be there. The Cats overspent on offense this offseason and the cracks in the defense are showing IMO.

Precisely!!!

The “braintrust” for this team decided,for whatever reason,that making a big splash with offense related free agent signings was the magic elixer for what was ailing this team last year(…and for the two previous years)…

Like the defensive secondary,which has been a glaring weakness for a very long time with this team.Add to the fact that we did not adequately replace major losses on the defensive line and injuries at linebacker and guess what we’ve got???

An offence that can score alot of points…And it better because the Obillovich built swiss cheese defense couldn’t stop anything…

Sitting on it’s hands???

Not really…

Clueless,shortsighted signings in the offseason that didn’t adress chronic player personnel deficiencies??

Absolutely!!!

Money should not be an issue because they can always cut Avon and that will free up a ton of cash. The D needs big improvements and it needs to happen fast. We had the ball run down our throats the other night and that is becoming way to big of a trend.

I guess thats why your posting and not coaching !!

This is complete baloney. An intense passionate coach that preaches aggression does not make a very poor defense. If that were true then all military personnel would behave like this and become insubordinate after intense combat training. In fact the opposite is true. The problem here is just a flat out lack of talent. When Obie focuses on signing high end D-linemen instead of another receiver then we should start to see some improvements. The stats don’t lie. Worst run defense and the lowest amount of sacks.

That’s right!!!

Subpar personnel is subpar personnel…That’s talent evaluation and that’s on the Front Office…

But you do that and you’re one injury to Walker away from having no one credible in the backfield.

The D needs big improvements and it needs to happen fast. We had the ball run down our throats the other night and that is becoming way to big of a trend.
Short of discovering a dominant pass-rusher via NFL cuts, I don't think a short-term solution is possible. The line was suspect coming into the season and so far it's justified the concerns a lot of us had.

yes, releasing Avon will free up $150G’s which can be used to shore weak spots in the lineup, however, formidable talent the Cats require may not be available to exercise these excess funds.

And on top of everything I think they are playing to put Ebein in at LB. He couldn't stop my grandma with the ball . and she
uses a walker.

<!-- s:thdn: -->:thdn:<!-- s:thdn: -->  <!-- s:thdn: -->:thdn:<!-- s:thdn: -->  <!-- s:thdn: -->:thdn:<!-- s:thdn: -->  <!-- s:thdn: -->:thdn:<!-- s:thdn: -->  <!-- s:thdn: -->:thdn:<!-- s:thdn: -->  <!-- s:thdn: -->:thdn:<!-- s:thdn: -->

Anyone go to practise today? What changes to the line-up did you see? Who didn't practice?

from Drew Edwards today

http://scratchingpost.thespec.com/

Notes: Ticats receiver Andy Fantuz missed practice for the second straight day on Monday after suffering a head injury against Calgary last week. Cortez stopped short of using the word “concussion,? but sais he isn't sure when Fantuz will be back or if he'll play Thursday in Winnipeg. “It's a day to day thing and we won't know until that day gets here,? Cortez said. “He didn't practice this week so I would say it would be unlikely [he'd play] but he might practice [Tuesday] and then it would be likely.?

Money should not be an issue because they can always cut Avon and that will free up a ton of cash. The D needs big improvements and it needs to happen fast. We had the ball run down our throats the other night and that is becoming way to big of a trend.
I beleive they only have until Labour day if they plan to let him go (which I don`t think they will fear of him becoming an Argo would be a good reason not to) because he Is a VET they would have to pay him if he wasn`t picked up. TCMIK

Ok now I'm not big O'Billovich supporter (he'll always be a blue-teamer to me) but I can't believe what I am reading. Spending too much money in FA?? We have been trashing this guy for years for not going out and getting free agents and now he signs the best free agent available and he has spent too much money? I just don't know what to say.

As for playing Eiben at LB. I'm not a fan either, but when you have 8 LBs injured and your CDN receiver goes down there isn't much choice in the matter.

CHAD SIMPSON is going to eat us alive with Eiben in there. I hate to think of getting beat by the Bummers and drop to
third place. :thdn:

A little melodramatic aren’t we? Hey we may lose against Winterpeg, but there is about a 1% chance the Bummers hold Hank and the boys to 6 points (…or score 45 on us, even competent offences like B.C or Mont couldn’t do that against us)

33, 41, 42, 25, 22, 36 =199

^ Points allowed in the first 6 games by the Bombers. Try to wash last season out of your mind because Winnipeg’s defence is just not the same this year.

16, 16, 21, 24, 20, 16 = 113

^Points allowed in the first 6 games by the Bombers in 2011.