Simoni Lawrence

you waited until after the game?

just read the article… holy smokes Drew is such a pantload…

Dunk’s comment is clearly “Cats maybe aren’t willing to spend so much on an aging (read: diminishing) Simoni Lawrence”

not: He’s going to be expensive because he’s so good…

article sounds like the excuse a kid gives a parent when they find booze in their backpack before a party

Your post along with a few others is the type of “sentiment” that Dunk was referring to in his Tweet. Dunk is only rehashing the opinions he might have read on our forum or other social media sites. I don’t think there is anything wrong with that and it might not even be his own opinion. Simoni just needs to brush it off and prove the doubters wrong by his performance on the field.

I think Simoni has not played as well the past 2 years as he did in the past including the two Grey Cups. I don’t think he deserves Bighill type money but he is still a good player and great leader and fan favorite and not too old. I think he was a great player who could bounce back a bit under Orlando and Washington. Bottom line is we need a good rush end and that will make Simoni’s blitzes easier.
We do have to wonder though if the 3 new BC coaches may lobby for ex BC FA Micawe Awe to replace Simoni or Dean. They may also push for BC FA DE Lemon and a few of the BC FA DB’s in Orange, Yell, Peters or Rose especially if Breaux goes to the NFL.With coach O in charge we could see his chosen starting safety Courtney starting again and don’t be surprised
to see Orlondos multi talented buddy FA DB Rico Murray back in town especially if Breaux goes to the NFL. Rico is a great asset who can play SAM or any of the 4 DB spots . Ottawa has signed ex WPG CB Randle and likely will re sign CB Rose.

It’s one thing for us to say it, its another for a reporter, who allegedly tries to maintain close contact with players for information to speculate like this.

(sorry for quoting this twice, but this thought just hit me)

This may just be the last straw for Simoni, there may be history with Dunk that we don’t know about.

OR… he might just be lashing out, as soon to be Free Agent, who is looking to not have his value trashed all over local media when he’s busy trying to get what he can on a new contract.

Dunk intimating that the team that knows him best “maybe doesn’t think he’s worth the money” kinda screws his value across the rest of the league too.

The Twitter outburst wasn’t a great look on him, but the more i think about it, the more its justified.

Thought the patented Masoli comeback was imminent.

Best post of 2019 so far. ?

All I can say is 72 - 17. 1966 Eastern Conference (2 game total point) Final. I waited for the final play and then ran crying my eyes out to my bedroom where I tore each and every Ticat bubble gum card up. It was the last time this happened to me. I was not quite 11. :‘( :’( :cry:

I was at the 1980 Grey Cup game at CNE stadium. There I may have dropped an F bomb or two. No tears, just the “word” I could not keep from repeating, over and over. There was a father with his young son in front of me. I desperately tried to restrain myself. Unfortunately I failed. Truly a bad day made worse by my unforgivable (beer fueled) foul mouth. You cannot change the past you can only try to do your best not to repeat it when in a similar circumstance. So far I have been successful. (BTW if the father reads this I hope his accepts my unreserved apology for what I put him (and his son) through that day).

I was at the 1980 Grey Cup as well, in the back of the end zone. Horrible seats. I can remember a very boisterous GO train there and the quietest ride home. Very depressing day.

SIMONI AND DELVIN BOTH GET SIGNED!! so what do you have to say about that Dunk?

Great signing. Love Simoni !