Simoni Lawrence retires

It’s a sad day for Tiger-Cats fans, but if he wasn’t going to be re-signed, then a job offer is the next best thing, and Simoni will still be doing Simoni things.

7 Likes

Its sad this dumpster fire of a franchise could not get him a Grey Cup

7 Likes

So when in the fastest opportunity to get his name up on the Wall?

2 Likes

So happy for him
So well deserved
So right thing to do
TiCat forever

9 Likes

Well at least we no longer have to listen to Glen Suitor pleading with the CFL to get Simoni kicked out of the league.

7 Likes

I called it Yesterday Ticats Free Agency Tracker 2024 - #1211 by disciplineandpunish

3 Likes

“Now I’m not saying Simoni Lawrence is a dirty player but something, something…”

2 Likes

Congrats to Simoni on a fantastic career. Too bad there wasn’t a Championship mixed in. Great to see he will be around and doing things in the community.

2 Likes

Well over an hour after 3DN, first let us know, nothing on the TSN site ! & ?

Right up there with the GREATEST Ticats of All Time.

6 Likes

Did this job title, role etc exist before today ?

Well all the while praising up and down his love for that ass-hat Awe .
Suits is what ya would call a definition of one massive pant load after the other . Can’t stand the guy . :nauseated_face: :face_vomiting:

1 Like

Congrats on a great career and thank you for your hard work Simoni. Best of luck with what’s next.

2 Likes

Simoni, you are the embodiment of what it means to play with heart, passion, intensity and joy.

As a TiCats fan it has been such a privilege to see you play for this team for the last ten years.

Your drive, smile and complete dedication to this team means the world to us fans. You are an all time great TiCat and a shining example of what it means to give your all to your team.

You are the best person I could ever imagine for your next stage of your life with this organization. A perfect fit for the role!

You will be missed terribly on the field but Hamilton is very fortunate to keep you!

Love ya big fella.

14 Likes

“This guy played on the edge…”

1 Like

I have to admit that reading Smog’s post here made my eyes start to water a bit. :face_holding_back_tears:

Simoni embodied everything that the Ti-Cat’s organization should be. We will miss Simoni on the field but nobody can play the role of Ti-Cat ambassador better than Simoni.

So happy he is still here in some capacity and will forever be a Ti-Cat.
:tigercats:

9 Likes

I hope he reads this! Well said, SM…

4 Likes

This is nothing more than baseless speculation, but it think it’s very possible the HTC are paying Simoni more to be an ambassador to the community than they were to be a player. (Last year) there’s no cap to worry about and in the grand scheme of things it’s just another salary on the books.

A win/win for all and I hope he stays around the team for a long time. He would be great on the mic during games.

4 Likes

When does Laurent, CVZ announce their retirement? It has always been a young mans game.

Who knows? Maybe they are negotiating contracts. Maybe they are waiting for offers. Maybe they want to announce retirement on successive days, so as to not overshadow anyone.

This is all speculation.

2 Likes