Simoni / Brandon

Think about the longevity of players in any professional sport....eight years is a long time. Now, think about the longevity of any player belonging to one team during their career....eight years is a long time. Whether you compare those 8 year players from today to yesteryear.... 8 years is rather phenomenal in both cases. As much as we like to celebrate, brag, taunt, complain....etc., we currently have 2 of the greatest Tiger Cat players of all-time on our roster right now! That's pretty amazing and guess what? They are both still playing near the top of their games. As we appreciate the years gone by with our historic franchise and its vast assembly of great players with long careers... this is just a reminder to be grateful for what we actually have right now. Cheers fellow Tiger Cat fans. (Sorry if this sounds preachy....but it's been on my mind for a few years. Simoni's play lately sparked me to comment.)

7 Likes

What about Teddy?

3 Likes

7 year Teddy should be included! Agreed.

3 Likes

Thanks for the post, I have thinking about a similar thread.
Hope these players win a cup; so they can be remembered and be a part of ticat folklore forever.
Another player, maybe not as impactful but deserves respect is Jermiah.

4 Likes

Again, great point. Just a reminder how rare it is with what we have and the commitment with our franchise to great players.

4 Likes

It really speaks to the way our team is run that great players like these choose to stay here.

3 Likes

Continuity is what every team seeks, except the bad ones (that's you Ottawa).

This is a great example of it.

1 Like