Silence from Saskatchewan

No excuses , for the most part , BC did play very sloppy . Just taking exception to some claiming it was BC starters vs Calgary back-ups , when it was a mix of starters and back-ups for both sides .
Some players did play very well on each side , receivers especially did put on a show . That new Calgary RB had a very good game.
For us I was pleased with the way our #4 QB Gino Gidugli played . I was looking forward to seeing him get some reps and he gets a pass in my book . That long pass to Geroy was a thing of beauty .

Both teams took this game as an exhibition game , rotating players as well as no doubt keeping much of the play book saved for the play-offs.

Sure it was!

good to know that a win is a win, there Wut.
Given that the Riders apparently don’t get to count 5 of theirs.
And I am glad you have enough confidence to believe you could beat Calgary’s peewee team.
You didn’t put much thought into that comment before you made it.
BC is a good team, and if they play their best game, they’ll be tough for anyone to beat.
Brilliant insight on your part.

No doubt lots of people were making the 7 hour journey home after a game.
Unlike in Vancouver, where if it is more than a half hour drive to the game nobody goes, or after the game there apparently is nothing to do on a Sat. night. Riders fans like to go out for supper, go to pubs, night clubs, etc. They don’t just immediately go home and get on the internet to keep a few bored Vancouverites entertained…

Besides, the game was an utter bore. Not really much to talk about.

Lovely pronouncement.
Calgary is a good football team.
On any given day they can beat the Riders or BC. That doesn’t make anyone “overrated” or “underrated”.
It makes it sports and the reason it is fun to watch is because we don’t know who will win.
So as far as I am concerned, your promise isn’t worth the paper it is written on–so not much.
I doubt very many Rider fans care one way or the other what Wut says or doesn’t say.
The Riders have had a good season and they have a good team.
If we carry that forward into the play-offs, then terrific.
If we don’t, it does not make us “overated”.
I expect that if we play our best game next week, and Calgary plays their best game, the Riders will win.
And then the week after, as BC and the Riders match up fairly well, if both teams play their best, the game will come down to 3 or 4 plays like most games do.
And we’ll see.
If you and 05 need to talk trash to entertain yourselves, by all means.
But nobody else really cares.
Because trash talk is also not worth the paper it is written on…

Ya but Arius , this isn’t written on paper.

I believe that is part of my point…

What is "Illegal Interference"?

A dropped attempt at catching a kickoff, in Argo territory, recovered by SSK, under a minute to go in the half, SSK working on a comeback from their last drive ending in a major, THROW A FLAG AND MAKE UP A PENALTY.

Ref: " Illegal Interference, Saskatchewan "

The ref should have said: "Major foul - Attempting a comback, Saskatchewan"

I haven't seen that one called since the Riders were in Edmonton a few years ago during the playoffs and SSK needed three onside kicks and three TDs. After successfully getting two of the three needed, the refs call a penalty on the 3rd consecutive recovered onside kick and the ref said:

"Interference, Saskatchewan"

Am I wrong? Is the ball live after a dropped kickoff or an onside kick? Is there such a thing as "Illegal Interfereence"? Isn't all interference illegal? Show me the "legal interference" and I will believe that there is such a thing as the "Illegal interference".

First, interference.
No, all interference is not “illegal”.
We call it blocking?

But the call against us on that punt was, I suspect (I haven’t seen the replay yet, but…) a terrible call.
Yes the ball was live.
The issue is, you are not allowed to prevent another player who is pursuing a fumble (live ball) from getting to the ball.
But you are correct.
That call is as common as calling holding on a fieldgoal attempt.
The last two times I can remember it being called were both against the Riders.

Overall, the officiating was in fine pre-season form this weekend, but I don’t think we can blame the refs for an altogether lacklustre performance by the Riders.

What a ridiculous statement…we won and they were blown out. How can you compare the two?

uh, we won. We don’t need excuses?

If that is indeed a rule, it is a stupid one. From what I saw on that play was that our player kind of shielded their guy out from the ball. They also called no yards on the play which was dumb 'cause our guy was clearly 7 yards away.

It was a good call. The SSK player grabbed the Jersey and prevented him from getting the ball.

You can’t seriously think that you have a more entertaining city there, do you?

Seriously?

And we have enough fans here, who do live half an hour away, to keep things going. We don’t have to ship 'em in from all over the province.

;)

It was. Frank Lucas was obviously a criminal… but he was pretty smart in how he made he made his money which was interesting… The movie was pretty violent though, so some people may not like that

I didnt understand the illegal interference on that punt where Sean Lucas got the ball after Dorsey dropped the punt... Could somebody explain that to me?

But if it was fumble, then how is that interference?

Your right Debra. 41 -13 is a blow out for a team preparing for the play offs.

It was interference, cause Lucas was behind Dorsey, grabbed Dorsey's jersey and pulled himself toward the ball and pulling dorsey away from the ball. The penalty is on the books and is a completely legitimate call. It happened right in front of me and I knew it was gonna be called instantly. What I didn't understand was the BS no yards call on that play.

Back to the original question - yeah us riders fans should be quiet. Our D stunk up the last two games and even though we're injured on offence, we still stunk. On Sunday, Calgary will have no pressure on them, Burris will be out to prove his MVP status to every Rider fan in the building and Calgary will win this game. Hate to see it but it will happen. Riders are just not 'there' yet.