Signings for 2022

Still can’t bring myself to watch it

2 Likes

Another couple of promising players. Would suspect Weinieke goes back to Mtl. Always thought Petermann was worth a look.

If they keep Ungerer I wouldn’t mind seeing him play inside once in a while, he could turn into one of those slippery Ben Cahoon or Wes Walker types. Not sure he has enough pure speed to be a threat at wide receiver.

2 Likes

I never got the sense that Ungerer was incapable of doing anything they asked him to do. But I'm not sure what they asked him to do. They certainly didn't ask him to catch 5 or 8 passes per game. Total of 15 catches on 22 targets.

1 Like

Cottony from BC is someone we should be signing. Tall Canadian receiver.

Ungerer was really under-utilized. That TD he scored on Labour Day was a real beauty.

1 Like

I like that description of Burnham. Winning a contested ball could even win you a Grey Cup. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Costanza signed with Argos coaching staff

Argos adding former Stamps, Bombers position coach Pete Costanza to staff: report | 3DownNation

Why that rat fink Costanza ! It was bad enough when he tried to leave the Yankees and sign with the Mets BUT leaving us for the Anchors ?!? UNFORGIVABLE !!!

2 Likes

Isn’t the mystery man Burt supposed to be that guy?

Chris Bauman, Chapman , Burt ....first overall receiver draft choices by Cats ,....hmmm
Getlaf , ah trade him ......

1 Like

Burt had a serious injury in a shortened season. Let's see what happens next year before we write him off as a bust.

3 Likes

I'd rather see that Cats sign a top-notch Canadian O-Lineman than Burnham or another big name receiver. With all the choices to be made and FAs to sign, my priority is the O-Line.

1 Like

I actually met this Costanza in the Lobby Bar of the Resort we were staying at in Varadero Cuba a few years back. He noticed our Tiger Cat attire and joined us for drinks. Nice fella. That’s the last nice thing I will say about him now that he’s with the Enemy :grinning:

1 Like

It sounds like this guy was already busted when he got here .

1 Like

He was in camp and practicing at the beginning of the year. So it's possible he was already injured or got injured in camp. Hard to say because you don't get injury reports from camp.

2 Likes

CFL.CA STAFF

HAMILTON — The Hamilton Tiger-Cats have extended four national players, including long snapper Gordon Whyte, linebacker Jarek Richards, offensive lineman Joseph Benczeand defensive lineman Malcolm Campbell

5 Likes

This isn't the first of April, is it?
No, it's January 17 and here are the two TiCat signings, today, on Transactions - Football Player Trades and Signings - CFL.ca -- Good! And, what?

|2022-01-17|HAM|WHITE, Papi|WR|A|Ohio|Add To|Active Roster|
|2022-01-17|HAM|BREAUX, Delvin|DB|A|Louisiana State|Add From Retired|Active Roster|

3 Likes

There is nice cryptic tweet on Delvin's twitter page where he says "It's about to go down" in reference to starting a new chapter in his life.

Could the Breaux Show really be back in town? :thinking:

3 Likes

maybe planning a future coaching job?

Couldn’t stand to be away from the game?

This signing would have been really cool in the final weeks of the 2021 season.

3 Likes