·

17m

#Elks trade OL Colin Kelly to

@TiCats

for a 7th round draft pick.

@CFLonTSN

1 Like

I’m OK with that.

Jones would likely have released him if Hamilton didn’t want him. He was more or less a healthy scratch for Edmonton and they want to dump the salary. Works out for both teams Hamilton is desperate for O-line help and Edmonton is realigning the roster to Jones’ new plan. Hamilton didn’t give up much and Edmonton at least got something.

3 Likes

C.Kelly shows up on the EDM depth chart as starting RT for both game 1 and game 2. Did he not play in those games?

He played in game 1 and 2 right before game 3 they put him on the 1 game with no injury announced. Chris Jones is still working the roster and I don’t think Kelly fit in at his salary.

His replacement Martez Ivey played with Toronto last year

Jalen Collins Martez Ivey Edmonton Elks Toronto Argonauts trade - TSN.ca

3 Likes

Then it looks like Kenny Lawler (the most expensive receiver in the CFL) might be on Chris Jone’s cutting board soon if his numbers don’t improve.

1 Like

You never know with Chris Jones, he dances to his own music. His much maligned signing of Manny Arceneaux doesn’t look too bad now.

Question is how many other teams third string QB is the 4th best receiver in a game.

1 Like

After 3 games, Lawler is the Elks' leading receiver, catching 20 of 32 passes for 242 yds. That puts him second, in the league, behind MTL's Eugene Lewis.

1 Like

I wonder what's prompted this roster move, listed on cfl.ca/transactions:

|2022-06-26|HAM|JOHNSON, Anthony|WR|A|Buffalo|Add To|Active Roster|
|2022-06-26|HAM|JOHNSON, Anthony|WR|A|Buffalo|Remove Signed|Free Agent|

One thought -- I think Addison was playing hurt @ WPG.

3 Likes

Feels like it has to be Addison. He was a game time decision and certainly didn’t look like his usual self.

Dunbar didn’t play well, but I can’t see him getting benched for one bad outing when he’s been so good. They’re not touching Tim White. Maybe Papi, but I doubt it.

Sure feels like Addison.

1 Like

I agree, it's probably Addison.

Unfortunately, they guy can't seem to stay healthy.

Sad to think we take Edmonton cast offs

Everyone snags castoffs. On Riderville they even have a name for it – scrapheapin’. :smiley:

Lots of possible reasons he might have fallen out of favour. History of injury. Didn’t fit the system. Didn’t fit the locker room. Too expensive. Too old. Too young. And so on. Doesn’t mean he won’t have success here.

In this case we have to remember that Jones really, really likes “his” guys. Kelly’s replacement in EDM was with Toronto last year, with Jones there as a consultant. Maybe Kelly didn’t show the right amount of reverence.

We’ll have to see how he works out. If he doesn’t, then on to the next option.

2 Likes

The Hamilton Tiger-Cats announced Monday, the football club has acquired American offensive lineman Colin Kelly from the Edmonton Elks in exchange for a seventh-round pick in the 2023 Canadian Football League Draft.

Kelly, 32, has played 76 games over his seven seasons in the CFL with the Edmonton Elks (2017-22) and Ottawa Redblacks (2014-15). The 6’5, 298-pound native of Longview, Washington also spent time in the National Football League with the Kansas City Chiefs (2013-14) and San Francisco 49ers (2016). Kelly started the 103rd Grey Cup at right tackle for Ottawa.

The club also announced the following player has been released:

GLO P Joel Whitford

4 Likes

Yeah dunbar just had a off game . can’t fault him for the fumble after the bighill hit but the fumble in endzone is a different story and was costly.

2 Likes

Beeksma and Pickett, after dressing, in WPG, for their first games as TiCats, have both been moved back to the P.R. So, two of these eight will be in the line-up Friday:
Federico, Feltmate, Garand-Gauthier, Revenberg, Durant, Fontana, Saxelid, Woodmansey. Source: Transactions - Football Player Trades and Signings - CFL.ca

4 Likes

After the big hit on Dunbar , I wonder if WR Johnson will relieve him on the game day lineup . We'll find out soon enough .

the old dude

1 Like

Who came out when Anthony Johnson and Colin Kelly were added to the active roster? I’m guessing Beeksma and Pickett are just rebalancing after these changes, but I hope (expect) more changes - most notably the return of Revenberg.

My guess is that we will see Revenberg back in the lineup this Friday in his usual spot and Okafor will revert back to being a backup . As for Johnson , my guess is that Addison goes to the 1 gm IL . As for Kelly , I am honestly not sure how he fits into the puzzle that is our ever revolving O-Line as of yet .

@bobo82 Yes, regarding "not sure how he fits..." Kelly is an American tackle. We now have 4 of them. This trade just creates a headache when it's the Canadian guards and centers who seem be getting injured by just putting on the Tiger Cat uniform this year so far.
BTW, Revenberg's absence was due to 'illness' not injury last week so he should be back for the 'Dominion Day' game.
Dominion Day ... Who's the old fart, now?

3 Likes