Signings for 2022

My mistake, earlier, writing "before the team takes off for Winnipeg" when It should have been Regina. Now corrected in that post.

Sooooo does this mean that the bus trip has been cancelled then?!? :bus: :laughing:

2 Likes

I'm afraid so. The season opening team bonding session has been moved up 30,000 ft. and reduced ,in duration, by about 5 hrs.

4 Likes

While the terminology used on player transactions in the CFL makes understanding some things difficult, I interpret these listings on Transactions - Football Player Trades and Signings - CFL.ca as being a new, likely extended, contract for Bralon:

|2022-06-09|HAM|ADDISON, Bralon|WR|A|Oregon|Add To|Active Roster|
|2022-06-09|HAM|ADDISON, Bralon|WR|A|Oregon|Delete From Active|Free Agent|

3 Likes

Link is dead.

What from the write-up made it seem like a contract extension? That would be HUGE.
Reading what you copied above looks more like they cut him. Added and deleted.

That's my interpretation (right or wrong ?) of the terms used on the transaction page. "Delete from Active / Free Agent" means his contract is void, and "Add to / Active Roster" is registering a new contract.

The link didn't work for youi because I misspelled "transactions."
Here you go: Transactions - Football Player Trades and Signings - CFL.ca

3 Likes

Jalen Morton has the same entries on that landing page.

The wording there is a little different. Morton was on the Practice Roster, with a practice roster contract, which is different from an active player contract. "Remove Signed / Free Agent" translates to his practice roster contract is voided for him to sign a regular contract. Then, the second entry for Morton is his active roster contract being registered.
Unless there is something we don't know about the state of our other 3 QBs, I expect Morton to appear on the Injured List, when the game day roster comes out today.

4 Likes

A significant sponser signing may as well go here! :tiger:

1 Like

Not a signing, but an unexpected activation:

3 Likes

Wow, two receptions in 14 games. Look out defences around the CFL.

I expect he'll see more time on offence this season.
And, smogmonster, you didn't mention his being 3rd among all league receivers, last year, in average yards gained per reception. :laughing:

3 Likes

Ternowski also holds for converts and field goals . He knows the offence and can cover on the teams .

2 Likes

Pat, do you remember #85 (Krishawn Hogan) from the Alouette game? He practically killed us with his receptions. Unbelievably, Montreal cut him! Why wouldn't we go after a guy like that? Good hands and TALL!!! IR

1 Like

You got me there Ramrod .

Is he a national? If yes... grab him! He caught everything in sight in the pre-season game at THF.

1 Like

It says here that he is American. The Cats should grab him anyway. A big dude that could snag a lot of 50/50 balls when the opposing defence plays man-on-man coverage.

2 Likes

I thought he was the best receiver out there for either team in that game. I was surprised Hamilton didn’t try to snag him but
Even more so that the Als let him go. But he may not have wanted to go on the practice roster.

He was tremendous against us in pre-season, but it’s a sample of one game against, much of which was against back ups and cast offs, and all of which was against the most vanilla defensive play calling imaginable.

I’m not saying he’s not a high quality player, just that I don’t put much stock in the game I saw him play. He might have the potential to come in and be a huge contributor, or he might have just had a really cool pre-season game as a pro that he can one day tell his kids about.

1 Like

If true, it's refreshing to see that the front office are not sitting on their hands: Edmonton Elks' OL Colin Kelly says he's been traded to the Hamilton Tiger-Cats - 3DownNation