Signings for 2022

No TiCat signings today on the league transactions list, but Desmond Lawrence has been declared an injured veteran, opening up another training camp roster spot, for now.

4 Likes

No doubt cause of the hand / wrist injury he suffered late last season .

1 Like

On this eve of the scheduled start of training camp, there are 2 Tiger-Cats transactions listed on cfl.ca:

AM WR Marcus Green has been registered as retired and the club as added AM WR Andrew Boston, who played 4 seasons at Eastern Washington U. ('18 - '21).
Undrafted, the 24 year-old, 6'3", 200 lb. receiver from Puyallup, Washington, with a 4.65 40-time, participated in a recent Kansas City Chiefs' tryout and he'll be remembered, there, for one amazing catch, which you can view by scrolling down in this link:

5 Likes

You'd think 5 months would be enough time for an injury, there, to heal. But, I guess, maybe not well enough to resume playing contact football.

1 Like

You'd think.... But per team policy, we don't know.

Opponents will only target his wrist anyhow, now that they know about it...

1 Like

Injured veteran list is sometimes used for players to ease into practicing again . Injury looked bad when it happened and who knows if ligament damage was involved or not .

3 Likes

On what would have been Day 1 of camp, Chris Van Zeyl has become the 2nd TiCat on the Injured Veterans list and 5 players have been suspended -- Ciante Evans, Micah Johnson, Alex Fontana, Tyler Johnson and Kirven Korren.
Source: Transactions - Football Player Trades and Signings - CFL.ca

1 Like

Guessing maybe suspended players could of been no shows to camp since teams have temporarily added players to suspended lists for that reason before.

2 Likes

Seeing players on the SL , DL or IV list this time of year usually doesn't mean anything in most cases . It basically is for players that might have visa/passport problems or perhaps personal/family situations that need attention before heading to camp . It's really for the most part in most cases just a formality and nothing to really worry about .

2 Likes

True most cases usually nothing to worry about suspended list could be for visa / passport reasons . Injured Veterans list either one has a injury or they just want a player to take it easy at camp . I know the reason behind other teams putting players on Injured vet list like in the case of mcgough for calgary and winnipegs noah hallet .

2 Likes

You and some other guys will mock this position relentlessly for the rest of the season. Every single upcoming injury will have this same sarcastic comment. So kindly explain to the rest of us why virtually all coaches in pro sports carefully conceal the true nature of the injury their athlete has sustained?

5 Likes

Virtually all coaches?

Kindly explain the last first overall draft pick in any sport to miss a full season without playing 10 seconds of game time, and then a year later have the organization cite "team policy" and "he had some things happen" when asked for the slightest update.

I agree, with one addtiional thought -- An injured veteran means a temporary open roster spot for the coaches to judge another rookie, over an insignificant number of days, for the vet.

3 Likes

Do you think maybe, just maybe, it’s something very personal and none of our freaking business!! Who really gives a rats ass why someone is missing from the line up. It changes nothing from us watching a game with available players and cheering them on.
And as far betting is concerned, tough! It’s called “gambling” . You take your chances with whatever knowledge is made public. Don’t like it? Don’t gamble!!
It’s as simple as that.
Are you going to complain all season that a player is missing without a public explanation that you are not owed?
Please give us ALL a break.

6 Likes

Not upset this morning. I know Buddha loves me. I dislike repeated whining…… even from my grandkids.

4 Likes

Oh. Sorry you took that as whining. I'm just asking for a comparison to something so common that it happens all the time.... When really I don't think I can find a single example of anything even close.

Oh! I know the answer to this one!!

Jake Burt - Hamilton Tiger Cats - 2021

:grin::grin::grin:

3 Likes

You missed my point entirely. I don’t care what sport or league , I don’t think that it’s anyones business to know exactly why a player cannot play. Health, injury, personal, team discipline ….it only matters that we field the best players available for the next game. Knowing why a player can’t play makes no difference. Betting (which I personally don’t really care about) should not be the concern of any team.

3 Likes

I guess I missed your point because it had nothing to do with my original response which was about the idea that "this happens all the time".