Signings for 2022

What's the difference between " will be " and "going to be" ?

1 Like

SUMMARY OF OUR FUTURE ACTION EXPRESSIONS

When you are plans are definite, use GOING TO . When you dream of doing something, use WILL.

When you’re talking about actions that are far into the future (months or maybe years from now), use WILL . When you’re talking about actions that you will do soon (tomorrow or next week), use GOING TO.

When you want to ask/request for something, use WILL ). When you’re expecting/anticipating something to happen, use GOING TO.

Finally, when you promise something, use ‘ WILL !’

2 Likes

Sir. Will we cover prepositions and adverbs in the next unit?

6 Likes

5 Likes

Never knew that or forgot it decades ago.

??? I thought he was already re-signed a couple of months ago .

1 Like

I thought so to,
But apparently not
Found it

2022-01-19 HAM EVANS, Ciante DB A Nebraska Add To Active Roster

It would be nice to have one of those depth chart things that people make up

2 Likes

There are posts in this thread from January 19 that says he re-signed.

Wait. Wasn't he the guy that was thought to be re-signed through twitter or whatever but there was no actual official statement? :thinking:

5 Likes

It's strange because his name was never deleted from the roster when the other FA's names were . Nevertheless I'm glad to have him back . :+1: Evans along with Rolle , Brooks , Darby , Adeleke , Richard , Lawrence and Katsantonis in the secondary , there's no doubt in my mind that it's the best unit in the league from top to bottom bar none . :grinning:

8 Likes

Ciante was registered, with the league, as signed for this year on January 19th.

1 Like

According to the transactions page JR Tavai has retired

Now what am I going to do with my Tavai jersey??

4 Likes

Maybe you can rearrange the letters to Avait…as in, I avait the next Ticat Cup win.

5 Likes

Yes, you little whippersnapper! We are GOING TO cover propositions, adverts and dangling appendages in the next unit. Now, get back in the corner and put that dunce cap back on, or I'll sic Sister Mary Elephant on you!!!

3 Likes

Seems like Edmonton based on Twitter

2 Likes
3 Likes

Great. Now theyll be targetting his neck.

2 Likes

He's good - and spent the offseason working on strengthening and stabilizing his neck, shoulders and traps - he'll be fine !!!

12 Likes

There's been a running...discussion...on the lack of transparency of player injuries and status (similar to the NFL, for instance) and whether other players will "target" the injured body part in a game situation. For instance, say Dane has "neck soreness". Now opposing defenders will intentionally target Dane's neck (intent to injure) to knock him out of the game.
I, personally don't believe this. I DO, however advocate for transparency in injury/status reporting. As I mentioned WAY up-thread, the new legality of single-game wagering in Ontario (along with prop bets, parlays, etc) may demand this. I'm not talking about whatever treatment the player's getting, but a "strained upper trapezoid" is different than "C4 lamina fracture" - even though both can be classified as "neck soreness" or "stiff neck".

3 Likes

I always take "insider talk" with about a pound of salt, but this article talks about our pre-draft trade with Edm, so...

" Hamilton fleeced Edmonton in that (pre-draft) trade. (Offensive lineman Kyle) Saxelid will probably start at left tackle (for the Ticats) and Grant McDonald was Edmonton’s best special teamer. And they’re both under contract for two more years. That’s a ton of value."

4 Likes