Sign the Petition To Keep The NFL Out Of Canada!

CFL fans from all over are encouraged to sign this petition to keep the NFL out of Canada:

[url]Petition Online - Petition Online has been retired

Let's make sure that Ticat fans are well represented on this important matter.

If you're interested in making your Member of Parliament aware of how you feel about the danger that the NFL represents to the future of the CFL, there are some good suggestions here:

[url]13th Man

As fans of Canadian football we have to stand together on this. If the NFL threatens the continued existence of one team, it threaten us all.

Why don't you save that contribution and buy yourself a yummy hot-dog at the game, or better yet give it to the emaciated child sitting next to you.

Just as soon as you learn to spell

I signed it

It’s the very least we can do! :thup:

Two words to the mighty NFL: STAY OUT!!!!!!!!

Hate to say it cause I don't want the NFL here anymore than any of you..but this is like writing a petition to Bill Gates to stop releasing Windows...not gonna happen. Rogers has his mind set on it he will try his best to do it because it will make money..

Keep in mind that Toronto doesn't have the stadium to properly fit an NFL crowd..Skydome can not handle it so one will have to be build..that will take years.

The best thing you can do, is do what you have all been doing..stay true and loyal to the brand you love..the CFL goto games, buy the gear..strengthen the brand...the more lucritive the CFL is the harder it will be to bring in the NFL...

I refuse to sign these silly petitions!!

IF YOU love the CFL - support it, buy season tickets, buy tickets for your friends, buy merchandise.
The only way you will save the CFL is by supporting it.

Look at the love that Buffalo has for the Bills - 52,000 season ticket holders this season, and a poplulation of 300,000.
The people of Buffalo will save the Bills not silly petitions or government regulations.

I signed it but as mike says, the people of Buffalo and elsewhere are standing up for the Bills big-time and buying seasons tickets there. But still, T.O. could be in for an expansion NFL franchise at some time if they do support the Bills but eventually the NFL will want a football only facility. I really do question though if Toronto actually has enough real NFL fans that will or can shell out the dough for tickets to garner the NFL's attention. I don't know.

That’s not what garners the NFL’s attention.

What does, is a new market’s ability to substantially increase TV ratings. Toronto won’t do that in the states.

No owner would want to give up a sliver of his TV revenue to Toronto. Why shrink your piece of the TV revenue pie cuz Toronto can sell tickets at home. Doesn’t make sense. Why give away your own money?

I hear ya Captain. But maybe the NFL does see in Toronto an "image factor" so to speak, a city with money that will pay big bucks for tickets making the NFL look good, even if they don't really, really need this. And a city that, down the road, could add to the NFL again image-wise with getting a new super-duper type facility by the route of an Olympics.

Maybe it's more image than anything. let's face it, Toronto or Buffalo, where would you rather have a team considering that both would pack the stadium? Buffalo doesn't do a lot for the NFL's image if this is important to them, i don't know. And while The Ralph is a very capable stadium, do you see Buffalo being able to build what Toronto could do? I don't.

Don't worry people there is no chance the NFL will come to Canada. There is no benefit at all for the NFL.

What Buffalo has is a rich history and tradition of American football. I really don;t think that the NFL needs Toronto and I think Earl may be putting to much stock in Toronto's image factor.

Keep in mind the fact that Los Angeles has been without a team for so long because TV ratings their have not dropped since their teams left for Oakland and St. Louis. At least that was the case years ago when I was reading about it. They did not need a team in L.A., so I'd assume that same logic would apply to Toronto.

If and when the L.A. area TV ratings drop for the NFL, then that's when you'll see interest in going back there because that's a very lucrative TV market.

Also consider the "road factor", something that's worked against Hamilton getting an NHL team. What NHL owner in L.A., Phoenix, Atlanta, Miami or New York Islanders thinks that a team from Hamilton will draw fans to their rink to watch them play. They'd much rather come see a hockey team from Houston becase of that city's recognition factor.

Same applies to the NFL. TV viewers will more likely be attracted to tuning in to a game involving a Los Angeles team rather than a Toronto team.

Toronto won"t get a MLB team or a NBA team either.
No benefit at all.

Don’t put your head in the sand people.
It is not if, but when.
It might not be for 10 years but NFL will be coming full time to Toronto.
Good will come from it for the CFL.
Maybe a NFL/CFL double-header a couple of times a season?
Toronto FC and Toronto Rock is proving that you do not have to be “The big-leagues” (NHL, NFL, NBA, MLB) to sell tickets in Toronto.

Whether or not the NFL ever comes to Toronto depends upon one thing, and one thing only....MONEY.

That's what the NFL is all about. The Bills are coming to Toronto in the short term simpy because Rogers has committed 'beaucoup bucks' to the Buffalo owners.

If it doesn't click, Rogers is the only loser, not the Bills. The prospect of MONEY is the only criteria.

As to tickets selling in Toronto to other than "The Big Leagues" try telling that story to the Marlies, or any Junior A hockey team.

As to an NFL/CFL doubeheader FORGET IT! The NFL is not in business to help anybody else. IF the NFL ever comes to Canada, they will do their very best to see that all opposition is eliminated.

I duuno. If their marketing shows the potetnial of a backlash, or a substantial ground roots suport for the CFL, then they just might have to appease the CFL and it’s fans for purely marketing and business reasons if they want to do business in Toronto, and I think that would be easy for them to do.

[quote="Wilf"]Whether or not the NFL ever comes to Toronto depends upon one thing, and one thing only....MONEY.

That's what the NFL is all about. The Bills are coming to Toronto in the short term simpy because Rogers has committed 'beaucoup bucks' to the Buffalo owners.

If it doesn't click, Rogers is the only loser, not the Bills. The prospect of MONEY is the only criteria.

As to tickets selling in Toronto to other than "The Big Leagues" try telling that story to the Marlies, or any Junior A hockey team.

As to an NFL/CFL doubeheader FORGET IT! The NFL is not in business to help anybody else. IF the NFL ever comes to Canada, they will do their very best to see that all opposition is eliminated.[/quote]

SO TRUE!

What I find so incredible is the fact that Rogers got the Skydome for less than 10 cents on the dollar...then he wants to try to squeeze more money out of the very people that made him so rich in the first place. :roll:

how much money does this guy need to satisfy his ego.

Some legacy he will leave...

Gets a gift from the Canadian people and then trys to destroy OUR GAME!

What I find weird is that Ted, with bringing the Bills to Toronto and eventually maybe getting an NFL team, are just pushing the Blue Jays, his Blue Jays, into oblivion quicker. The RC will turn more and more into a football facility, 60,000 I'm sure if the Bills things is successful, and more and more NFL talk.

Ok, don't blame him for sending the Blue Jays into tge abyss since baseball in Canada as a spectator sport is dying quickly except the Toronto area and few teams in MLB make money. But weird that he is doing this right in front of his own teams face. And I'm sure he will have a hard time finding a buyer at a decent price like the Expos had. Why? No one wants a MLB team, that's why.

The NFL wants to to expand its brand internationally. That’s why there’s interest in NFL games in London, Mexico City and Tokyo.

I think the CFL is safe for the duration of this Bills deal but all bets are off after that. Ralph Wilson is 90 and he’s said the team will go to the highest bidder when he passes on. Although there will be US markets which will spare no expense in landing the Bills, you can’t under-estimate the wealth of the Canadians. Between just Rogers, Tannenbaum and Godrey, they own a mega-telecommunications company, MLSE (Raptors and Leafs), the Blue Jays and who knows what else. And don’t you think they’ll try and line up deep-pocket investors like the teachers pension fund?

And I don’t think for a second that the lack of a stadium will stand in their way. If they were assured of getting a NFL team, the shovels would be in the ground tomorrow.

I see the NFL as a real threat and unfortunately in this day of free trade, that BC MP doen’t have a chance of getting his legislation passed. The best thing we can do is support our CFL teams like crazy. Go to the games, buy the warm beer and cold fries, buy the jerseys, talk them up with friends and family…

An Argo-Cat fan

Yes, but globally, not in Canada, they want those euro dollars, China’s money, Japan, they can care less about Canada. The fact is Rogers had to pay 10 mill per game and is a private deal with Buffalo, the NFL has NO, ZERO interest in this game.

Like the NFL will be impressed by 55000 fans showing up to a game that is an hour and a half drive from Buffalo. Rogers is such a tool, he is acomplishing absolutely nothing from any of this.

Anything else is you hear is propaghanda from the Toronto media which is run by folks who has tons of money to make off of a Toronto NFL franchise.