SIGN MATT DOMINGEUZ

AS A TRUE DIEHARD CATS FAN I BELIEVE IT WOULD BE
A GOOD INVESTMENT FOR THE CATS TO SIGN MATT
DOMINGUEUZ TO GO WITH ALL THE EXCELLENT TALENT
THEY HAVE BROUGHT IN GO CATS GO :rockin: :rockin: :thup: :thup:

im for it too, I believe he still has ALOT of talent and there are two likely reasons as to why he's no longer in SSK. 1. Jason Clermont 2. Salary cap is through the roof as is. Matt Dominguez in tigertown = instant upgrade to receiving corps. :thup: :rockin:

I want him also, but he doesnt want to sign with anyone except regina

HE CANT BE PICKY NO MORE SASK RELEASED HIM
AND IF WANTS TO KEEP PAYIN HIS BILL HE WILL HAVE TO
SOMETIME AND SOMEWHERE ELSE GET ERRR DONE OBIE

“Team TillMan”

OR

Reason number 3. which could very well be the number the 1. reason...Injuries!

A player has to WANT to come here before you can sign him

I am sure Obie would made Inquiries into Matt
He said Public he was to sign back with the Roughies
I don't see him coming but he would be a good Pickup

Why sign DJ Flick .. if where going to sign some one.
if his Ankle is back he be a good pickup.
if it not no harm signing him.

Wasn't he like contemplating retirement due to injury?

DJ Not sure but He Did love Playing in Hamilton

I don't get it. People were bashing Lumsden because of injuries and they want to bring a guy who's knees are DONE. Dominguez was a great player but like I wrote when Dickenson insisted to keep on playing. Dominguez needs to move on, some things in life are more important then football, like "walking" your kid to school...

Point is, with Lumsden gone, people will need someone new to bash. :twisted:

Seriously though, I also think Dominguez was a great player but life after football is more important.

Anyone catch the 5th Estate this weekend? They replayed a story on head injuries and reduced life expectancy for pro football players. Included interviews with Dan Kepley and commissioner Cohon.

http://www.cbc.ca/fifth/2008-2009/head_games/

Didn't realize it at first, but apparently the full video of the segment from the 5th Estate is available here:

http://www.cbc.ca/fifth/2008-2009/head_games/video.html

All to entertain us. These guys are my heros...

Linemen at biggest risk It found the game’s biggest players — linemen — are most at risk, with more than a third having enlarged hearts, as many as 75 percent suffering from obstructive sleep apnea and more than half with metabolic syndrome, which puts them at greater risk for heart disease. Those rates are far greater than the general population
"It takes a toll on your body, there's no question," said Mark Schlereth, an ex-football player. "It's like getting in a car wreck every day."

In his 12-year-career, Schlereth, an offensive lineman with the Denver Broncos, was operated on 29 times -- 15 times on his left knee, five on his right knee, six on his elbows and once on his back.
"There's nobody that plays this game that doesn't suffer some type of consequences -- from arthritic hands and joints, knuckles and broken fingers to back pain, to hip pain to neck pain, to elbows, knees, you name it," he said. "It takes a toll."

Some medical experts are alarmed by the wear and tear football players face. Some players have had as many as 10 concussions, which have been linked to cognitive memory loss.

"We have seen that 61 percent of all players in our database have reported at least one concussion during their professional playing career," said Dr. Kevin Guskiewicz of the University of North Carolina Center for the Study of Retired Athletes.

One retired player told the researchers, "I was unable to gain employment as a coach since I am unable to run or stand for long periods of time."

Dr. James A. St. Ville of Phoenix has set up a program to help retired football players suffering from chronic physical problems. "Many of them are crippled or unable to work, oftentimes unable even to get out of their house," he said.

Dr. St. Ville added, "I think many of the physicians involved were actually shocked at the amount of residue from the cortisone or steroid shots that were given inside these guys' knees. Some of them had had 50-some injections."

Four players have completed their treatment with Dr. St. Ville. Two were given artificial knees, one received an artificial hip and the fourth had a spur the size of a little finger removed from a knee.

Football players are well paid for the few brief years in which they hurl their bodies about like cars in a demolition derby. That time passes in an instant. What's left is usually a big man facing premature middle age and a lifetime of chronic pain.

Those of us who enjoy the sport, and especially those who prosper from it, should do what we can to make it safer. The players provide millions of spectators with a tremendous amount of excitement and enjoyment. They deserve better.

That's never been an issue here. If no player stands out there's always fellow fans.

Thanks for the link. This is an issue that needs more attention. It's not only professional sports that can leave a legacy of injury and discomfort. When I think about the arthritis I live with I wonder if I'd choose to play hockey if I could do it all over again.

We all make choices in life and some careers are prone to physical ailments. Talk to a farmer, fire fighter, or tradesperson about bad knees and back pain.

HOW NICE WOULD THIS BE IF WE LAND BOTH
WOOOOOHOOOOOO LOOK OUT INSIDE AND OUT
DAMN IT WOULD BE SWEET :rockin: :rockin: :thup: :thup:

He's injury prone. Why take a chance?

Lumsden and Printers were injury prone and we got rid of them. MD's best years are behind him.

OPPPPS I MEAN STALA WNICN WE HAVE LANDED ALL WE

Let's keep in mind sometimes player family members sign on here for specific agenda items.

Heh. And while the enthusiasm is expected and welcome, of course it needs to be taken with a grain of salt. :slight_smile:

When was the last time a friend/relative of a freshly signed player joined the board and said something along the lines of: "My cousin [or brother, or husband, or son] can't play for crap! You guys are really going to regret that you've signed him. He's going to drag your team to the basement!"