Should the Edmonton Eskimos sign Kevin Glenn?

Should the Edmonton Eskimos sign/make a move for QB Kevin Glenn?

No!

Explain

No way!

As good as Glenn played at times for Calgary, I don’t think he is the answer to Edmontons quarterback needs. I would rather see them develope from within and have teams raiding the Edmonton cast offsm not the other way around. This is Matt Nichols team now, I think trying to land Glenn is the wrong answer, besides I don’t think we want to pay him what I think it would take to get him to leave Calgary.

According to the Edmonton/Calgary Media. Kevin Glenn still has a year left on his deal. At a backup QB price. If he wants too much money, or demands a raise. I dont see him sticking in Calgary period.

I’d take Glenn, but only if we drop both Jyles and Joseph and he begins the season as a backup to Nichols.

Right on VofR F NO!

I would bring in Kevin Glenn to have a former starting QB come in and push Matt Nichols for playing time. Kerry Joseph just cant do that. Price has to be right though. I would NOT pay him over $100,000.

And it’s great you hold this view, because for that sum Glenn is not going to play in Edmonton or anywhere else and that just means it’s an “F NO!” to answer the question posed by this thread. :slight_smile:

Answer this:
Kevin Glenn or one of either Kerry Joseph or Steven Jyles?

None of the above!

Name 4 QB’s that you’d want in camp next year for Edmonton then…?

None of the above!

Nichols, Mazolli, and two other young prospects. The over the hill gang should ride off into the sunset.

McPherson, Reilly, Nichols, Masoli but of course it can’t be both McPherson and Nichols so they will pick one and then find someone else new or keep Joseph as a mentor.

Names. Not “two other young prospects”.

So you want the Edmonton Eskimos to go into the 2013 season without a QB that has ever won a CFL game? Interesting.

Edmonton could not land both McPherson & Reilly. Both wouldnt sign here knowing they’d have to battle with eachother & Nichols for reps. I prefer McPherson. But lately the buzz around town says Edmonton is interested in moving a conditional draft pick to BC for the rights to QB Reilly in order to try and sign him before he hits the free agent market. In Reilly, the Eskimos get a similar QB to Nichols. They can create an offence around their styles. If McPherson is brought in, then the offence has to be completely different for him & Nichols. Or unless the offence is bland like in 2012. It all depends on the new OC. Who is likely Paul LaPolice. *But Montreal has just lost their OC, and they are also VERY interested in Paul LaPolice.

Joseph wants to return, so does Jyles. But Steven Jyles will be gone. Unless he takes a 65+% paycut and is paid 3rd stringer money. He could stick around for camp. As for Joseph, he’s another Tillman guy, and i dont see him being brought back at his age & with the lack of success in an Eskimos jersey.

I typed Nichols but meant to type Reilly. Otherwise I agree with you on McPherson but don’t agree with you on Nichols.

Both wouldnt sign here knowing they’d have to battle with eachother & Nichols for reps. I prefer McPherson. But lately the buzz around town says Edmonton is interested in moving a conditional draft pick to BC for the rights to QB Reilly in order to try and sign him before he hits the free agent market. In Reilly, the Eskimos get a similar QB to Nichols. They can create an offence around their styles. If McPherson is brought in, then the offence has to be completely different for him & Nichols. Or unless the offence is bland like in 2012. It all depends on the new OC. Who is likely Paul LaPolice. *But Montreal has just lost their OC, and they are also VERY interested in Paul LaPolice.

Joseph wants to return, so does Jyles. But Steven Jyles will be gone. Unless he takes a 65+% paycut and is paid 3rd stringer money. He could stick around for camp. As for Joseph, he’s another Tillman guy, and i dont see him being brought back at his age & with the lack of success in an Eskimos jersey.

[/quote]

Im hoping they bring in Reilly so that he and Nichols can duke it out for the number 1 spot. Release Jyles, hes garbage, and maybe keep Joseph for a low cost as the 3rd stringer to help keep mentoring them both, Masoli can sit on the practice roster until he grows 3 inches :lol: :lol: :lol:

Not exactly a great line-up. Getting Glenn would be a great insurance policy, but I don’t see it happening. Whatever Hervey does, some veteran (veteran, not over-the-hill like Joseph) experience behind Nichols is a must.

Looks like Hervey is looking for fresh talent with the new QB signing.