Should the CFL investigate the Moreno trade?

With everything around the Moreno trade, should the CFL investigate if Hamilton received full disclosure regarding the health of Canada and if he had told Winnipeg that he would not go to Hamilton.

My answer YES

Well, actually, somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but every trade has to be approved by the commissioners office!

However, O'bie did say that they tried to work it out with some other players and eventually came up with the deal they finalized.

If both parties are happy and there isn't some other reason to look at it...this may be the end of it. (save all the disgruntled fans) :roll:

To be honest...I'm not real happy to see Zeke go, but I still have faith in O'Bie and the management team.

Perhaps "Meanstreaks" line could apply here...something about "lets wait and see how this cake bakes"...etc.

Obviously it should be investigated, this was a complete joke, and made the entire CFL look bush. Which lately, is what I consider it.

Yes it should

Maybe Charlie should throw the challenge flag!!

Eveyone was pissed when Armour left but currently he sits 27th in CFL tackling. (Mariuz is one tackle behind him) At first it might be lopsided but until they play a game with someone else at MLB then you can really judge it.

For me the ONLY part that makes this deal bad, and it's the Ti-Cats fault if you ask me is

A) not doing any dilligence into either the health of Tom Canada or the desire of the player to come to Hamilton.

B)telling Zeke before it was league official and allowing him to fly out the the Peg before the deal was actually done.

Both of those Ti-Cat oversights put them in the position they were in and forced them to settle on the deal they did. If A and B would have been handled properly this might have been avoided and less egg would be on the face of Cats management and by extention the fans of the Cats right now.

My beef is that the new coach talked about getting to the playoffs and that night they trade the leading tackler in the division to the team we are tied with for nothing.

I say yes, but a lot depends on how soon we see Canada back on the field playing with Zeke as his team-mate.

I know he is on the 9 day IR, and I am not sure if that means he cannot play for the rest of the season, or if he can be taken off the IR at any time.

What's really annoying is that we have 2 more games against division rival Winnipeg.

What are the odds that we see Canada on the field for the blackout game?

1. glovesave, Tom Canada had, or was scheduled
    to have a medical, as required by the league.

His enlarged spleen may not have been detected
or maybe it hadn't seriously flared up yet.

1. Most deals don't fall apart.

Zeke was out there because he expected
to be on the job the next morning.

And besides, I haven't shaved yet but
I don't think I'll find any egg on my face
when I look in the mirror, did you? :smiley:

Did Zeke have a physical? No, why not? He was out in the Peg within hours of being told of the trade. I doubt he had a physical. I doubt he's still had one.

I submit to you that either Tom Canada does not have an enlarged spleen and they are making this up, or they new he had a medical problem, either way we got played for the fool like we always do in these trades.

And Yes, Ron, with my team being a laughing stock soap opera I as a fan have egg on my face...and so do you, if you don't realize you do that's another story, but, it's there.

Did Zeke have a physical? No, why not? He was out in the Peg within hours of being told of the trade. I doubt he had a physical. I doubt he's still had one.

I submit to you that either Tom Canada does not have an enlarged spleen and they are making this up, or they new he had a medical problem, either way we got played for the fool like we always do in these trades.

And Yes, Ron, with my team being a laughing stock soap opera I as a fan have egg on my face...and so do you, if you don't realize you do that's another story, but, it's there.

Word in Winnipeg from Taman is that it was the CFL that decided the deal would go through.

Tommy C is done for the year. Cannot play contact sports for the next 6 months.

Do you mean the league forced Obie to trade Zeke

and accept someone [something] else to replace Tom Canada
who Taman and Obie had originally agreed on, kube?

Can you provide us with a link
to these 'words from Winnipeg'

or are you talking about rumours
that are spreading around there?

Winnipeg should definately be penalized. Only in the CFL can a team get away with trading an injured player or a dead player lol.

They should be forced to give up all their draft picks and have to start 15 non imports next season, plus make Doug Berry wear a giant sombrero for the remainder of the season.

What other choice did we have? Like they didn't know Canada was injured. Are you that naive? Or think that this league is that bush?

I think this about covers it...

http://www.cjob.com/Sports/Local/Story.aspx?id=1025412

Canada admitted that he had been sick for weeks, which suggests that Taman probably knew about it. Plus, Obie admitted in the paper that Taman initiated trade talks about Zeke. You do the math.

How would a boss know an employee is sick unless the guy goes to the doctor? If Taman had known Canada was sick. All Canada would have had to do to kill the deal was make that public. Why become enemy#1.

Heresay...

SOMEbody has to initate talks...