Should Prez Scott Mitchell be fired ?

When I think about the Ticats situation. I feel President Scott Mitchell should be fired. Let me tell you why...When he fired Marcel Desjardins (who I feel was a big part of Montreal's success through the years) He promised to the fans a playoff team in 2008. Right now HE FAILED. He commited to a coach who I feel dosen't want to be in Hamilton. (Honestly, let's be real If you were Taaffe would you accept an OC position at WVU hell yessss people, therefore that press conference about not going there was BS) He hired OB who I respect as a personnel guy but I don't think right now he did better then Desjardins. Look at the record. Desjardins was not given the time needed to prove himself. ( My opinion)

Also another thing Mitchell decided to did was increasing the ticket prizes. Mitchell failed to attrack fans to the games regardless the level of the team. When I read his biography I don't know how he got that position. Bob Young should consider having someone else. A real executive.

Right now Bob Young should do ? What can he tell the fans now ? Another cleanhouse ?

Any thougts people ?

No.

Yup...to borrow a phrase..."don't drink and post"

Yup...to borrow a phrase..."don't drink and post"
8) Good one Woody !!!!! :wink:
Also another thing Mitchell decided to did was increasing the ticket prizes.
8) What ticket prizes ??? I sure didn't get any prizes with my season tickets this year !!!!! :wink: :roll:

Said it before I'll say it again....

There's nothing like mass controversy and negativity that brings out the mysterious new/seldom used usernames out of the darkness.

Of course not. Let's not fire anyone. We'll keep the coaches, GM and President and continue to lose. Seems as though that will keep quite a few people around here happy. I'm not impressed by the performance of any of them. Not that that matters.

It's always the player's fault. Has nothing to do with the inept coaching every week and lack of ability to recognize talent.

No he shouldn’t be fired. He’s only been around since what? the second half of last season? We have to stop the never-ending carousel of front office people. Give him some time to do his job. (just like you said we should have had more patience with Marcel)

Mitchell hired Obie. But it was Obie’s decision to keep Taaffe on. But we all knew this was Taaffe’s make or break year, so I’m sure he’ll get the boot at year’s end unless something dramatic happens. Back to Obie for a second, I think he has done much better than Marcel did at finding talent in the off-season, and he’s only been here for a short time. And as for ticket prices, Bob Young explained that the price hike in year 5 was planned from the start, so that wasn’t Mitchell’s decision.

You wondered what Bob Young should do now. Well, in my opinion he should have hired football people to run the football operations from day 1, however, it took until this year’s hiring of Mitchell and Obie to do that. So this is basically a new beginning with football people finally running the football operations of the team. So now we’re going to have to wait for management to build a winning team (which I know no one wants to do). And yes, it will take some time.

Well, since Young is the owner and signed off on all the hirings and decisions therein lets fire him too.
Make it a clean sweep.

I wouldn't necessarily fire Bob Young, but I think it might be time for him to get a new pair of lucky socks since the ones he has now haven't been doing any good.

Can you honestly tell me that you think all of those people are doing a good job??

What he said.

On the football side, Obie was a good hire, and the responsibility for everything down the org chart from Obie is Obie's. If you want to fire Mitchell, you've got to be prepared to start over yet again, which is just about the one thing I don't think I could stomach as a fan. Remember what happened the last time Mr. Young hired the GM, and then his boss.

On the business side, who knows - it's hard to know how many tickets a team as bad as this one has been should be selling. It's a tough ticket to sell and the crowds haven't been that bad. A lot of peripheral stuff - the website, Ticats TV, the community stuff, etc. - look pretty good to me.

I'm not a big fan of Mitchell's "getta loada me" persona, and I think his handling of the DesJardins firing was classless (although Mr. Young's fault ultimately), but from that point on he's done OK from my outsider perspective.

Just following the argument to its logical conclusion.
If players are not to be blamed then one must blame the coaches and then blame the GM who hired the coaches then blame the president who hired the GM on behalf of the owner then blame the owner who is ultimately responsible for all of it.

If they all get fired why not Young?

I suppose the 4-5K that aren’t sitting in the stands this year have done just that.

What a fine mess you’ve gotten us in, supercflfan,
your penetrating logic has lost us an owner. :frowning:

"When I think about the Ticats situation. I feel President Scott Mitchell should be fired. Let me tell you why...When he fired Marcel Desjardins (who I feel was a big part of Montreal's success through the years) He promised to the fans a playoff team in 2008. Right now HE FAILED. He commited to a coach who I feel dosen't want to be in Hamilton. (Honestly, let's be real If you were Taaffe would you accept an OC position at WVU hell yessss people, therefore that press conference about not going there was BS) He hired OB who I respect as a personnel guy but I don't think right now he did better then Desjardins. Look at the record. Desjardins was not given the time needed to prove himself. ( My opinion)

Also another thing Mitchell decided to did was increasing the ticket prizes. Mitchell failed to attrack fans to the games regardless the level of the team. When I read his biography I don't know how he got that position. Bob Young should consider having someone else. A real executive.

Right now Bob Young should do ? What can he tell the fans now ? Another cleanhouse ?

Any thougts people ?"

I'd like a pound of what ever it is that you are smoking!