Should Maas Be Replaced?

Let's hear from the fans on this one. What are your thoughts on Maas' future after watching the game?

I think this nonsense should stop after one game. A game that he didn't look bad in. He wasn't great by any stretch...or even VERY good. But, he is not calling his plays and he did move the ball. We killed ourselves last night with penalties and turnovers. Same things that killed us last year.

I'm sure Coach Taafe will replace him when and IF he feels the need...not based on the results of a poll from a die-hard Maas basher.

As i said in another thread start Maas in 2 more games to give Chang the chance to get comfortable then make the change if needed.

Hendy, with all due respect.... :roll:

But that wasn't a poll option...ROTFLMAO :wink:

Taaffe: "It's Jason's job to lose." Is he losing it? Has he lost it? I think people assume that Taaffe has some kind of loyalty oath with Maas that rivals Lancaster's faith in Danny Mac. I do know this: Taaffe has NO problems breaking down tape. One thing is clear: the leash is a hell of a lot shorter now.

My guesstimate (take it for what it is): if Jason starts against the Argos and the team cannot score TDs a la last night, Chang starts the second half at the latest. If he does ANYTHING to show show he can go toe-to-toe with a stellar Argos defensive unit, Chang will be the starter come week three. Whether what follows is a Chang Gang lovefest or a Chang-Maas co-production, Timmy would be the starter, I feel.

Sometimes you stick a newbie in like Terry Bradshaw or Alex Smith and have your a$$ handed to you for a year or two before KABOOM!. Sometimes you get Chuck Ealey or Vince Young and the results make the growing pains a rush for fans to witness. Given the bullets Timmy has already seen in his college days, I think he has greater potential falling into the latter grouping.

Oski Wee Wee,

I agree 150%

it was one game
it is a new Offence
Calgary is top 3 Defence and Offence.
The Coaches will fix the Problems..

Hi from Calgary! I recently relocated and we were at the game.
Whew!
Anyways, are you asking about my thoughts on Maas watching the game?
(vs. participating in it?)

Chrissie Hynde comes to mind, " back on the Chang Gang"
In warmups you could just sense the confidence he exudes.

The "other guy" still looks like a deer in the headlights.
My wife asked the other day, "does changing the oil really make the car run better?"

it was one game..it was one game...familiar refrain. I ask again, why does it take some people 2 hrs to watch 60 Minutes?

Back on the Chang gang. That's funny. Yes, Chang has the better body language. The difference is so obvious it isn't even funny.

I think this nonsense should stop after one game. A game that he didn't look bad in. He wasn't great by any stretch...or even VERY good. But, he is not calling his plays and he did move the ball. We killed ourselves last night with penalties and turnovers. Same things that killed us last year.

I'm sure Coach Taafe will replace him when and IF he feels the need...not based on the results of a poll from a die-hard Maas basher.

Ditto!

Ditto for what? No city is more deserving of whatever it gets than Hamilton. The people in this city really make me wonder sometimes. I wonder if some people on this board really care about the team or are they just trying to be positive for positivity's sake because I don't know how anybody in their right mind can be satisfied with what's taken place on the field thus far.

I agree with this. Except that I hate the word "guesstimate". That, and "webinar".

The difference between this year and last year is that this year we have a back-up quarterback who shows enough promise that he might (I say might, not will) be a future star in this league.

I say give Chang a chance, there is very little to lose. Maas does not have the poise and confidence to lead this team, Chang looks like he can do it.