Should Jim Trimble be in the Canadian Football Hall of Fame?

What do you guys think?

Of course - but I may be biased - I'm his daughter. :slight_smile:

I think he should. In fact, by all accounts he should have been inducted a long time ago.

Of course he should be. (How did I miss this thread? I know - the multitude of RW threads that have been plaguing this site...)

Great topic, BTW.

Yes. For several reasons.

Absolutely. His record in Hamilton: one Grey Cup, five Eastern championships, five first-place finishes…and one-half of arguably the greatest coaching rivalry the CFL has seen (along with Winnipeg’s Bud Grant) – quite the resume.

Oski Wee Wee,

Yes, and he should be in the U.S. one too. He invented the "tuning fork" goal posts that are now in use everywhere... a major innovation and a significant increase in player safety. That warrants selection I think, quite apart from his coaching contributions.

But they'd also have to take into consideration his whole career --- that inc. a few seasons coaching the not-so-powerhouse Als after he left Hamilton.

I don't know if his tenure in CFL is long enough to warrant consideration --- tho I wouldn't object if he were included.

yeah but a couple more years and he would have turned them around - and as he said "even st.peter and the 12 apostles couldn't have won with that team."