Should Bo stay or should Bo go? And where?

Maybe in Regina

It may not be a stretch …….. although for it to happen Cody would have to be cut or traded as I don’t see those 2 being able to be a qb tandem

1 Like

meh. TSN panel maybe. otherwise he’s just another aging mediocre QB a la fajardo, macbeth and harris. having him as a backup is pretty much a wasted roster spot at this point. his play has been deteriorating for a few years now and is only getting worse. also that ego.

1 Like

what’s funny is when people say Bo, i automatically think either Bo Horvat or Bo Lokombo… def not BLM

1 Like

I laugh when people unwittingly write VAJ for Vernon Adams Junior. But Bo’s still a good QB who could help a team.

1 Like

Bo could end up in Ottawa or Regina if they can produce enough goodies for Hufnagel to take away.
ie. 1st round draft pick, neg list player (or 2), cash.

Don't know if Bo has what it takes physically to be what he used to be - Regina has personnel problems, discipline problems & more. Ottawa is a good off-field franchise but their current team lacks in too many areas.

Eventually, Bo should supplant a muck like Old Glenny in the broadcast booth. Little cooler and fact-like than Dunigan and far better than Old Glenny who seems to be leaking gas more 'n more!

2 Likes

I assume you mean before the CFL trade deadline next month as is this not the final year of his contract?
Stamps, Mitchell Restructure 2022 Contract - Calgary Stampeders

Calgary would not be smart to trade him. I see Maier as being on the same level as all the other backups Calgary has moved out, Tait, Arbuckle, etc.

He's good - but is he good enough to win championships??

2 Likes

Scenario here. If Maier loses on Sat. do the Stamps bring a highly motivated Bo back into the starters spot? Maier's win/loss record would be worse than Bo's if that happens. Bo may not be done yet with the Stamps, I'm thinking.

4 Likes

Thats the one thing prolly stopping Hufnagel from dealing Bo-Levi prior to the trade deadline. Maier is very good, higher level that Tate to be sure and prolly Arbuckle. But if Maier somehow gets squashed - there’s nobody to take over the driver’s seat. . . . . other than an inexperienced 3rd stringer.
Hufnagel knows he’ll prolly finish 2nd or 3rd in West. He wants all his cards in play because if he finishes 2nd he’s got a 1-game shot against a diminished Bomber team with a record that doesn’t bely their recent poor play. Too good an opportunity to get to another Grey Cup. But Stamps will have to cobble a SF win vs. BC and thats no easy task if Rourke is back for the playoffs, bit easier if its vs. Adams/Shiltz/O’Connor, etc.

3 Likes

honestly i don’t see Rourke returning. even if his foot is healed just enough it won’t be 100% by that time. also don’t underestimate the timing and feel that game reps provide. even if he can throw and is mobile, is it worth the future risk? and will he still have the timing and precision down that comes with weekly first team and game reps.

1 Like

I think you’re right about Rourke not being 100% by playoff time. But I wouldn’t put it past Campbell & Co. (BC) to dress him for a western semi-final, particularly if the game is indoors at BC Place.
You never know what a bit of pain-killers combined with performance enhancing adrenaline could do for a kid like Rourke.
He might be near 100% for the Western final (prolly in cold, windy and possibly snowy Winnipeg) or the Grey Cup which will have equal or worse conditions than a Winnipeg western final. All told, don’t be surprised if Rourke is rostered for the playoffs.

2 Likes

Medical treatment has come along way so has the technology to rehabilitate from surgery. Nathan is young and will heal fast. You just never know. Now if Lucky will share his gummies, I say Nathan makes it back in time for the playoffs.

4 Likes

I think Rourke at 80% could still be a formidable opponent, but if it could lead to a reinjury, forget it.

3 Likes

Yup. He’s too good to risk it in that scenario.

1 Like

He did seem it get happier the more he ate those gummies out of his pants in practice .

2 Likes

Exactly, thats why I say he’ll dress (on the roster) but not play in the Western Semi (either in Calgary or Vancouver). However, if the Lions can crack open the Stamps and then break the Bombers backs in the western final, all bets are off. Rourke should be 90% or better by Grey Cup Day, although his rehab won’t be finished.
That said, he won’t start the Grey Cup game (cuz Adams, Shiltz and/or O’Connor got them there) but he’ll be 1st up should the Lions offense falter early.

The QB situation in BC will be an ongoing story I think, unless VA comes on with authority. If that happens it will be his team to lead until they need relief. Already is in fact. As to who that relief will be…? I’m pretty darn sure it won’t be BLM!

We could send Harris in the deal so CGY could have a backup if Maier is hurt.

With how open is the East, I would definitely try to make a move to get him.

1 Like

I agree 100%.

Bo will go to the team that can afford his contract. If Ottawa, they can’t afford Arbuckle now, and Masoli next year. if Hamilton, they can’t afford to keep Dane. Unless there is a major injury to a starting QB, Bo stays till next year. Toronto and Montreal have good enough success to not change. Calgary would not trade to any western teams.

1 Like