Should Argos look at Keith or Lumsden?

I think that the Argos should give Kenton Keith a serious look. He has a crap load of talent, and could really bolster the offense. Would prove to act as a serious threat against other teams, opening up the passing game.

I'm not sold on Lumsden, not sure if it's worth the risk with his history of injuries.

If Toronto has no interest in having a running game, then by al means, grab one of these guys. However, if Toronto does want to have a running game, then I'd steer clear of them...

Lumpy would be good if he stayed healthy. They could pay him game by game... That way he isn't collecting money if he doesn't play. I thought that they did that with him in Edmonton? I think he's worth the risk, in that case.

Bring both in for a look see at training camp.

Considering this team will not be a contender this year it would be smarter to invest in a 24 year old running back with no 8 inch scars on their joints.

After the last two disasterous seasons, the team must be competative this year or at least seem to be so all bets are off and any and all players should be brought in.
They already made a mistake with the QB situation bringing in NFL rejects instead of inviting the available CFL castoffs.

I think they will be competitive but not a contender. I don't know if this makes sense.
Running backs have very short carreers for the most part I think you want a guy who can grow over the next 3 years instead of a guy who likely is on the downslide or who's body may not keep up.

I was looking at the Argos roster last night and they have a ton of young talent but it needs to be developed. On defense they could be very good. The offense will be a work in progress I think.

As a multi year season ticket holder, I can tell you the natives are definitely restless.
After the last two years, we cannot have a work in progress year.
In a small 8 team league, a team most definitely can turn it around in one year.
So far I am not impressed with the signings at the most crucial positions.
3 NFL QB rejects will simply not do it.

If the money is right, I would take a look at either for a backup role. I think we'll be pleasantly surprised with Boyd as our feature back.

I'm just glad the CBA is done, so there will be CFL football this year!!

i think they should bring Keith to camp.
pass on lumsden for this year. lumsden won't admit it to himself, but he needs a year away from football.

A comment and and an open question for ball-carrying backs with solid hands and average blocking skills going beyond either of those guys whom I feel are finished for the CFL let alone unwise to bring in for the Argos ...this does not pertain to fullbacks who are overwhelmingly numerous all the same:

Plenty of low mileage free agent selection from which to choose with agility and speed ...why not work the market for a guy standing no more than 5-11 and weighing no more than 215 with such spec's? You could go up to about 225 at any height, but the odds of feature play go way, way down for the bigger backs at 230 or more in any gridiron league for sake of a ball carrier. Mind you that you won't find such a back free now without some flaw, as the choicest have been picked up by the NFL or are on other CFL teams, but so long as he's not a fumbler and has some basic blocking skills that's a start.

After the initial training camp cuts in the NFL in August, and as I am a somewhat new CFL fan with this my first pre-season, even though it is about six weeks into the CFL season why wouldn't the Argos just look forward to August to shop the market for such guys who have low odds to get another NFL job as well? At least those guys are in game shape though they have to adjust to a new playbook. Or historically for sake of the CFL how has that strategy worked in the past or not?

So much for Boyd being the feature back. I’m surprised he was cut. Seriously, who is gonna run the ball for the Argos?

If the choice for the Argos is between Lumsden and Keith, Keith is the smarter play. Both have had injury problems, but Keith has at least shown what he can do for a full season, Lumsden has not.

Barker has a great nose for running backs, he recruited Summers, Cates and I believe Reynolds. I'm sure he will find a RB.

Yeah somethings didn’t seem right. I heard Boyd is injuried?? no sure.

Okay, so I’ll repeat my question from my previous post here for feedback? I don’t understand why given the following that the Argos would bother with Keith or Lumsden in view of the alternatives either, or is the market for quality RBs somehow really that tight?

2) After the initial training camp cuts in the NFL in August, and as I am a somewhat new CFL fan with this my first pre-season, even though it is about six weeks into the CFL season why wouldn't the Argos just look forward to August to shop the market for such guys who have low odds to get another NFL job as well? At least those guys are in game shape though they have to adjust to a new playbook. Or historically for sake of the CFL how has that strategy worked in the past or not?

The Argos should give Lumsden a shot, even if they work him out at the SB or Punt return

This thread seems totally rediculous now, Cory Boyd is better than both of them combined now.

Not to toot my own horn :slight_smile:

You are certainly entitled !!!