Shjould Marshall have sent in the punter??

Yes !

Why send in a shaky field goal kicker from 45 or so with seconds on the clock???

A good coach would have pinned Calgary deeper in their end and won the game,..

Shaky field goal kicker and a coach that sent him in....
means we lost a game we were winning with seconds on the clock... !!!!

o-3 damn.....bad call Greg!

You send in the punter to show that you have faith in him......he makes it and you're up by 4, the game is pretty much over......if you don't have faith in the talent you provided, you're no good as a coach and the players get even worse.

YA! true ,but from 45 I have faith in OZZY not Boreham,not Greg Marshall ,now!!!

Giving Borehams recent history a punt might have worked out. But if it went in the end zone they would have conceded and had good field position.

Irregardless, the team is now 0-3 and if they’re following last year’s script, they’ll come out flat next week after tonight’s wasted valiant effort.

The point is, Jamie should have hit that field goal. 42 is his unlucky number…but he SHOULD have hit it. It’s time for him to go!

I would have punted because I don't have faith in my kicker due to his history and a punt is a safe play

Let the clock tick down ,delay of game penalty then punt it out at the ten .....hopefully....
Ja ja a mute point and I'm a sore loser....little bit intense here ,lost again and now I hate losing!!

NO. The game was there to be won. You send in the kicker to put the dagger in.

Of course, if you call 40-yard-off-the-ball prevent defences after said event, you deserve to lose, IMHO. Then again, Jamie didn’t make the kick…and we STILL called that stupid defence.

Oski Wee Wee,

NO. The game was there to be won. You send in the kicker to put the dagger in.

Of course, if you call 40-yard-off-the-ball prevent defences after said event, you deserve to lose, IMHO. Then again, Jamie didn't make the kick...and we STILL called that stupid defence.

Oski Wee Wee,

Ah, hey there beam ... ever play football ?
Ever coach football ? Ever WATCH FOOTBALL !!??

PUNT !!?? Gimme a cotton fr-eakin break !! It was not 45 or so ... it was more like 40 or so (42 I think) ... Did you happen to notice the OTHER K on the field that happened to NAIL a 45 to WIN !!

IMAGINE THAT !!! A kicker MAKE A FG !!

As a Ticat fan, unfortunately, IMAGINE IS ALL you can do !!

Peace.

P.S - Although I can appreciate the human side of this sad story, it should be clear to ALL (hello, coach marshall, et all) that Jamie Boreham is A BIG PROBLEM that needs to be SOLVED.

P.P.S - No I am NOT BLIND, Boreham was not the ENTIRE problem ... but the fact is, if he makes that FG then chances are VERY VERY HIGH the team is 1-2 right now.

No I am NOT BLIND, Boreham was not the ENTIRE problem ... but the fact is, if he makes that FG then chances are VERY VERY HIGH the team is 1-2 right now.
Well said!

If it went in the endzone..they would have conceded..and got it on the 35. They tried the field goal..missed..conceded..and got it on the 34. I can't see the difference...can you see the difference?

I'd want to point out that Borehams 42 yd attempt was in to the wind..however that would be like defending him..and I just can't do that anymore.

I took quite a ribbing on the C-Train on my way back to the hotel being in a Ticat jersey and all. All good natured though. Even had a Stamps fan tell me that he can't hate the cats because they are loveable losers of the league. I dont think anything has ever made me so depressed to be a Ticat fan.

Well said. There is nothing unreasonable being asked of the kicker here.

if your kicker cant get a 42 yard field goal get rid of him that should almost be a guaranteed field goal.Jamie your fired......................

Well just got back from the game and well is sucks!!! As for the wind there wasn’t much, You can blame the kicker all you want but why in the hell try a field goal with 39 seconds left. Just run down the clock and take the delay of game 5 yard penalty and PUNT the ball around the 10. The STUMPS would only have 19 seconds left at their own 10. I would bet my life they could not go that far and kick to win. We still have a major problem in that we scored the two majors off the defence. If our offence can’t score we will never be winners!!!

Well just got back from the game and well is sucks!!! As for the wind there wasn't much, You can blame the kicker all you want but why in the hell try a field goal with 39 seconds left. Just run down the clock and take the delay of game 5 yard penalty and PUNT the ball around the 10. The STUMPS would only have 19 seconds left at their own 10. I would bet my life they could not go that far and kick to win. We still have a major problem in that we scored the two majors off the defence. If our offence can't score we will never be winners!!!!!!!!

Ya ,Mean,

I've played football.

And after watching forty years of football coaches ,yes I can call a play like that and win ahhh .

Simple ,keep it simple.

Your kicker is one for five .

Whether you have beaten your head against walls playing football or you fell off a Turnip truck in Kingston do you send him in??

Nope!

The simple idea with a punt is pin them deep at the fifteen or better.

These decisions are made all the the time by robots,send in the kickers.

Preferably Robo kicker.

But what would a thinking coach do?Don Mathews?...

Running out the clock as suggested above when kicking into the wiond is better yet!!! :thup:

newsflash -

Ticats got not only outkicked (1 field goal) but outpunted (about 10 yards a punt) last night - what else is new

these two problems are killers in close games

but remember it is important that they are Canadian kickers and punters - forget that imports could improve this phase of game

result of this approach - 22-23 loss

get used to it