Shiltz shines in his first start of the season

OTTAWA —  It was a memorable day for Matthew Shiltz as he lifted the Montreal Alouettes over the Ottawa REDBLACKS in his first start of the season.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.cfl.ca/2021/10/16/shiltz-shines-first-start-season/

The Montreal Alouettes had a solid first half in their Week 11 match-up versus the Redblacks in the nations capitol. Led by Matt Shiltz who went 21-34 for 281 yards with one td & one pick. The score was 25-13 at the half, they went into cruise control in the second half. My game ball goes to the Als Defense who had 10 sacks on the night :bangbang:

P.S. The Als now travel home to take on my hometown Argos in Week 12. Will their 3 game win streak continue :question:

2 Likes

Shiltz wins the battle of the backups, Evans most impressive game was his first, looking rather rookie-ish since. Ottawa's hopes are done, I'd be a little surprised if LaPolice is back next year.

Marcel Desjardins should have been let go after he let all of the Redblacks top tier players (save for one, Sinopoli) walk after the 2018 season. Since then he has not signed any top tier players. We saw the result in 2019 and it continues this season. A new GM is a must going forward.

Good to see Shiltz settle in. The big test will be the Argos next week. Somebody (GM) has got to go in Ottawa.

This article just took a whole new twist with Montreal getting Trevor Harris. Now there's something to talk about!

1 Like

Yep. Harris needs a really good pass blocking (like Collaros gets) to stay upright. Does Montreal make another trade to upgrade their Offensive Line? :thinking:

Me wonders if Harris can challenge VA for the #1 spot? Will Harris be content as a back-up? Will Shiltz get bumped right out when VA returns? All these wonderful questions to entertain us.

1 Like

This trade news and two cups of coffee woke me up this morning. :grin: