Sheer a Box J Boy's head to fight Cancer!

Hello Ticats.ca Family:

Given all the wonderful words some of you have often shared towards myself and fellow Box J Boys, I thought I'd give all the of Ticats.ca community a chance to step up! :stuck_out_tongue:

Well here is your chance to sheer a Box J Boys head fight cancer and raise awareness to take care of yourself!

Yes I am a Box J Boy and my hair is damned long!..(lol)

On Saturday, May 24, 2008, I'm auctioning the "privilege" (I'm using that term loosely) of cutting my hair off to the highest bidder at Tigger's Damon Allan's Quarterback Challenge-CFL Fan's Fight Cancer Meet and Greet Party!

Also on the bill:
Chris's Cut:
Chris is a Ticat fan who's mom is battling cancer right now. Chris wants to help and do something to support his mom. So we will be auctioning off his hair also at the Meet and Greet. This kids is very cool! Personally I hope Chris's Cut gets the higher bids!

The winning bidder or group of bidders will receive a tax receipt for their donation.

The Meet and Greet and Sheering will be supporting Wellwood Cancer Support Centre a Hamilton Cancer Charity and Avery's Fight, a little boy fighting cancer.

The proceeds from the auction will be donated to the Wellwood “Community Roots? Capital Campaign, this is the Wellwood Building Fund for their new building. www.wellwood.on.ca/capitalcampaign.cfm

Wellwood is a community-based, non-profit organization in Hamilton, Ontario. Wellwood provides information, supportive care programs and peer support to people who have received a diagnosis of cancer, their families and caregivers, and healthcare providers. www.wellwood.on.ca/

This is a great organization that not only helps people with cancer but offers support and guidance to family members. It's a worthy cause because Cancer just doesn't strike the person it hits everyone around them too.

On the night of the Meet and Greet CFL Fans Fight Cancer will also be making a donation in support of what we are calling Avery's Fight. Avery is a little boy from Hamilton who is battling cancer for the third time. We want to help Avery and his family out.

Also, I'm hoping my hair is long enough by then it can be used for a wig for someone going through Chemo. It (my hair) is 5 1/2 inches now so that there will be plenty for a wig.

Note: I will be providing the clippers, I don't want anyone bringing their own garden shears, chainsaws or dull butter knives. Remember folks it's only my hair not my whole head!

Final bidding and head shaving starts at 6:15 p.m the night of the party!

Bidding is at $555 ....bids are to be made in $5 increments and payment is due at the event before the cut!

[b]To those potential generous bidders:
So if you are the successful bidder you not only get to do the dirty deed yourself or delegate someone to do it.

You also get to join me as my guest when I cook for the Boys at our pregame tailgate party. Cedar Plank Salmon or Chicken in a lemon garlic marinade and free access to my cooler.

And it just keeps getting better. Your winning bid, the entire amount, will be donated in your name to the CFL Fan's Fight Cancer Hamilton Cancer Charities. This means you will be entitled to a tax receipt for your generosity![/b]

Bid often and fight cancer in Hamilton!
See you on May 24th
Jare :lol:

OK Jare....

I bid $50.00

But Sandy will do the cutting!

Can Jason Maas do the shearing on my behalf?

I bid $60. Let me at that hair!

It's long it's grey it's going to make someone a nice head of hair who needs it.

$60 already, this is going to be great!

Just to sweaten the pot. While everyone is welcome, the highest bidder is invited to the Box J Boys tailgate when my wife, Joe and I are cooking.

We'll be serving Cedar Plank Pacific Wild Salmon or Marinated Lemon Chicken with Spring Green Salad and open access to my cooler!

I'm sure we'll also have some Ticat bracelets available for a donation at the Meet and Greet too!

Let's step up and make this the best Meet and Greet and CFL Fan's Fight Cancer Fundraiser yet!

Jare

I would be nice and just give you the money. No head shaving. :slight_smile:

Thanks Zen:

If you win, and don't want to handle the blades you can always give then to a kid and let them do it.

Being a teacher, I'm going to use this to teach my students about doing things that enable them to give back to their community.

I'll start with the whole head shaving idea and get them to come up with a project where they can help something or a group.

Actually, my hope is that it's just a fun time, and don't worry I won't go down without an entertaining struggle...lol

Jare

I couldn't do it anyway as I live in Vancouver :slight_smile:

Here it is...

The weekly obligatory bid bump!

We're at $60...do I hear $65 and make me a Q-ball?

Jare

$100

Just A...thanks man you're the tops!!! (Let me know when you want to come to a Rock game!)

To those potential generous bidders:
So if you are the successful bidder you not only get to do the dirty deed yourself or delegate someone to do it.

You also get to join me as my guest when I cook for the Boys at our pregame tailgate party. Cedar Plank Salmon or Chicken in a lemon garlic marinade and free access to my cooler.

And it just keeps getting better. Your winning bid, the entire amount, will be donated in your name to the CFL Fan's Fight Cancer Hamilton Cancer Charities. This means you will be entitled to a tax receipt for your generosity!

Bid high and bid often....and all of your money goes directly to fighting cancer and helping those and their families cope with this disease that effects all of us.

Jare
A Box J Boy with a full head of hair!

I bid $150.

It's a very wonderful and rewarding thing you are doing, Jare. Bids are already too rich for my blood, but I will make a donation to the cause.

$150 and we still have 3 months to go. Awesome Cattmann77...thank you.

$150....do I hear $155?????

BorehamGirl: I'm using your idea lady. Your efforts at the Grey Cup inspired me to give this one a try. You showed the courage to get your hair cut and that motivated me to getter' cut too!

As the time draws closer maybe we can get a ticat and a cheerleader to go under the clippers too.

If there are any players or dancers who want to join in and help us fight cancer with a little clip. Please pm me or contact Joe Gallagher at the head office and he can contact me.

Jare

$200

Somebody wants to see me bald!!!
Atta boy, JustAGuy!

$200 it is...do I hear $205?

Wow if this keeps up it's going to be a really, really really wonderful day for fighting cancer!

Jare

My weekly make me bald bump!

Bids are at $200

Winning bidder, gets to carve the hair off my head, is treated to a Box J Boy pregame feast including open cooler (I'll be cooking and it's my cooler) and lastly your winning bid will be made in your name to a local Hamilton Cancer charity so you will recieve a tax reciept.

$200 Ladies and gentlemen...who's got $205!?!

Jare

$250

I bid $300.

$350