SHEA EMRY

SHEA EMRY gets fined AGAIN (third time this year). What a classless loser that has no place in this league. But the CFL will keep fining him and letting him play until he ends someones career.

AND to top it off, the CFL can only fine him half of his game cheque

Foord83 wrote:

What a classless loser that has no place in this league. But the CFL will keep fining him and letting him play until he ends someones career.
No doubt his actions were unacceptable. He's got an issue controlling his emotions, it's giving him a bad rep, but I would not go as far as to call him a classless loser. If he had not apologized then I might agree that he does not belong in the league. But he did, and he's an awesome player, so I believe he does belong in the league, he just deserves punishment - which he got.

Tim Burke says he's convinced something led to this and we know Labatte an Picard are no angels so he gave him a soft shot in the jewels and that was disgraceful but hardly dangerous.

The Als with Popp and trestman have become seen as the class organization of the CFL with Calvillo at QB it reminds you of the 49ers of the 80's with that west coast offense an Montanana walsh et al. Emery may find himself in the CFL but not as an AL if he continues this nonsense.

I'm just glad he doesn't play for the "classless" lions...

I agree with you 100% cflsteve, I just wanna know what Emry is going to have to do to get suspended? Seriously hurt someone? End someones career? Or is the CFL going to keep letting him do what he is doing? And yes he is a classless loser. sorry doesn't mean a damn thing if you keep pulling the same bs, over and over and over again. P.S. I'm not a lions fan, Riders all the way. Foord just happens to be my last name lol, no relation to Stu

http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2010/04/chive-captions-18.jpg?w=500&h=375

Tim Burke says he's convinced something led to this and we know Labatte an Picard are no angels so he gave him a soft shot in the jewels and that was disgraceful but hardly dangerous.
Seriously? Has the fan base become this bad? Justifying in any way a professional sports player sucker punching another player in the testicles is the real disgrace. I don't care how much you try to pretty it up with comments like "soft shot" - it was a classless act that would be condemned as gutless in any sport.

Punching a person in the testicles is far from being not dangerous. It is meant as an intentional cheap shot. He deserves to be suspended given a very well documented history of being fined.

In fairness, at least he admitted he was wrong and did apologize. I know it doesn't make up for the actions, but the fact he at least realizes its wrong puts him miles ahead of Khalif Mitchell (not to mention former Lions Jiminez and Murphy), and the Als reaction places them MILES ahead of the Lions in terms of respectability, IMHO

That stunner makes Cox & Anderson look like Ghandi.

Just a thought guys. There's been a lot of talk about what to call the Ottawa team when it enters the CFL. We know for sure it won't be the Ottawa Rough Riders. How about the Ottawa Thugs? The other teams could have a huge trade off and hand pick which players would make the Ottawa roster. Can you just imagine:

Mitchell, Khalif
Emry, Shea
Murphy Rob
Cornish Jon
Willis Odell
Hefney, Jonathan

The Ottawa Thugs would be the most feared team in the CFL and the most penalized but what the hey! Football is football. I bet the TV ratings would skyrocket. :rockin:

The key difference between the organizations is that the Alouettes were upset with Emry's actions immediately, and made it clear.

The Lions on the other hand were quite happy to defend Khalif Mitchell's attempting to break someone's arm.

How teams handle it when their players misbehave is why one of them is considered a classy organization and the other is not.

The Byward Market Bullies! :cowboy:

The issue is that if you suspend him, he appeals, and that drags on a month, and suddenly the story is that he's suspended for the Grey Cup because of something that happened a month ago that nobody remembers, and the CFL looks stupid.

If they had a sane system of discipline, he would have been suspended. But with how things are right now, in this case the fine was actually more effective.

[b]The issue is that if you suspend him, he appeals, and that drags on a month, and suddenly the story is that he's suspended for the Grey Cup because of something that happened a month ago [/b]
that scenario would not be the fault of the league if Emry appealed and subsequently missed the Grey Cup. He has complete autonomy on whether to appeal or not.

The video doesn’t lie, and Emry should accept any punishment decreed by the league as a show of accountability.

As if the media would care whose fault it is. It’s a story that makes the league look ridiculous, certain media outlets would be all over it. Since this is the 100th GC, that’s not a distraction anybody needs over an incident like this. He was already kicked out of a game and fined, that’ll have to do.

So is showing your azz to woman and kids in the stands. As I've said I'll let Mark Cohon be the expert.

Labatte wasn't even on the field before the convert. He came on after the TD and got a shot in the nuts. But keep making excuses. If you are going to punch a guy at least get the right one.