Shea Emry status?

Muamba signed to the Als

Yup and waaay too much cashola for a MLB. 10,000 a game for the remainder of this year a 100K signing bonus and 200k a season for the next two years. I could see 150 -165 k max but 200k? No thanks

200k...kinda like Emry. It is not horrid IMO. BC pays more and they are internationals. There are others making 160 to 180 who are not as good. Being able to load up 100 of it into a front loaded bonus makes it an ok deal. 200 a year...top end but not out of this world

Just happy the Esks did not get him.

You guys go on and on and cap and I concur.............how the hell don't we have cap space with Getz/DD/Emry 6 gamed????

But..........look at how we keep carrying Suber, JRich and Taj on 6 game..............I suspect they got a nice promise to get paid out a full year despite even being around.

Point 1 - If this is Riders way of trying to make sure these players don't sign elsewhere...........I kind of understand.

Point 2 - Start treating fans money with more respect. We spend loads of dollars on injured guys that don't even figure in. I would much rather see it spent on scouting or coaches...............Riders don't assume I am stupid and if you keep wasting money I'll spend a lot less on your club!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Run it like a business.....................just because you make millions a year don't be stupid about it!!!!!!!

Last point.........I'd like some insight about our boys club board of directors. These are not football guys.........theiy are business guys. They have leaned on Hoppy for 10 years and now they lean on Reynolds (who it has been said has been astute enough to learn football and contacts and such). I think our Board needs a shakeup. You get voted in by your own established business club and could any of these guys. I can only hope they are out trying to learn about the league, other teams, scouting, etc, etc, etc................But I think our hierarchy as a community club has its issues and limits!!!! I think one step would be to get Hoppy on the Board of Directors.

As far as Getz goes I think it's time to pull the plug. Great guy and a good receiver but just injured way too often now. As far as spendng money goes I agree that if they are going to spend on non players at least those that effect the quality of players we get ie such as scouts should be a priority.

Grubber...the guys you mentioned on the 6 don't hit cap either so are nonfactors in it all as well. As far as why they are on there still...
A - can't release injured players during the season, and most of them are injured
B - singing bonuses and upfront cash...it is money off sms...so unless you trade them...keep them as insurance
C - vet release date was missed on some...hits cap after that
D - yes, there are instances where a guy is paid out the year this way as a ty