SF Bay Area CFL fans?

How many SF Bay Area CFL fans are here? Who is your fave CFL team? NFL team? Is there a sports bar in the Bay Area that shows CFL games? Maybe worth a gathering! Might be the only time 49er and Raider fans can sit in peace :wink:

My CFL team: Roughriders

My NFL team: 49ers

I think there are more people than like to admit actually. Whenever people find out I root for the Eskimos (fairly often) they ALL without exception know a)what team I'm talking about, b)know something about the field, rules, etc., and c)can mention at least one player who plays/played in the CFL. Yet, nobody claims to watch it =P

The newspapers publish the standings and scores.

Comcast has been carrying a more or less full schedule for a couple of years now (they don't do that out of the kindness of their heart). It helps that Jason Tucker is from San Francisco, and there are a few others from the area in the league.

Ricky's, a sports bar in San Leandro and one of the biggest in the Bay Area, will usually show a game if you ask them, as will the Englander down the street from me.

I have a couple friends I watch games with. One of them is an Argos fan. He's never even been to Canada (but he tends to be a Canada fanatic - he loves RUSH and hockey in a BIG way).

I am a Raiders season ticket holder, mostly because I live 15 minutes from the Stadium (lets face it, they snck). But I like to cheer for them anyway :slight_smile:

re m7-i liked the GOLDMINERS (Cool logo) - How about moving the Args to LA ?:stuck_out_tongue: http://www.oursportscentral.com/cflinamerica/sacto.htm

Sacramento's a long way from LA.

LA's a weird place for football. It's big enough you'd think they would have a couple of NFL teams but they haven't got a single one. If the Argos moved there they would be somewhere else within 15 years.

Yeah, I had Gold Miner season tickets! So they were my fave team of course. Growing up I enjoyed the CFL, then suddenly they had a team playing in my backyard. Weird! Fun while it lasted for the 2 seasons.

Wow cool! I would have loved to have seen them play. I still think Sacramento would be a great place for a team. Nice city.

Becareful, do not tell the pirders whereyou live! They just might come for a visit! They drink and eat you out of house and home.

My question to you is , 05, you have had first hand experience with this?? I knew it , you are a closer rider fan... :lol: :stuck_out_tongue:

Hmmm what is a closer prider fan? And no you are wrong if I think it means a closet rider fan. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Sorry about that, I meant to say closet Rider fan, but don't worry, your secret is safe with me... :wink:

Nice try Sambo nice try! There is no secret really. The priders are your problem not mine. Now where is that manure truck! OOps Jman will say I am trolling again and that hurts my feelings. :lol: :lol: :lol:

If I come to Calgary, have lots of food and beer ready 05, you know how we priders operate, and only a dedicated Rider Prider knows that info.... we know your secret now!!! :twisted:

Yup!
Sacramento isn't exactly the Bay area, but....

A small group of us went to a Rider/Goldminer game in 93(?) and of course the tailgating was a paramount aspect of the trip.
And lo and behold, even in Sacramento, you couldn't swing a foam rubber pick-axe without accidently hitting a Rider fan.

I am from the bay area!!! more specifically from San Jose. I thought I would be the only one here.
I'm a recent Hamilton Tigercat fan.
I don't care too much for the 49ers or Raiders but I will watch their games because both teams have #1 drafted QBs.

we should have a CFL TV viewing party!

yep, there are many CFL fans scattered throughout the bay area. I went to a couple of Goldminer games in Sacramento and was surprised at the number of S.F. fans at the games. Being from Canada we pretty much met everybody in our section, many of whom bought us many beers! Big mugs of ice cold Moosehead draft for $2.50 in the 105 degree heat! :thup:

re-Big mugs of ice cold Moosehead draft for $2.50 in the 105 degree heat! Thumbs Up--------------------- Tank you very much :oops: :stuck_out_tongue:

How many did the Gold Miners manage to pack in per game?

re-KristjanCFL http://www.oursportscentral.com/cflinamerica/sacto.htm

Not so bad then, really. Thanks for the stats.

The GoldMiners averaged 17,000 the first season, similar to fan support for the Ottawa Renegades. The Sacremento "stadium" (Hornet Field) was just portable metal grandstands and a few port-a-potties. It was "built" for $1.5 million. The crummy stadium was the main problem in Sac. They had rabid fans who loved the CFL (much like Baltimore). If they had a decent stadium they would still be in the league!