Seven players fined after Week 13 action

The C.F.L. NEVER wants to actually suspend players, just hand out tiny fines, which are so small that they refuse to even say how much they are.
A few years back, I was Randy Ambrosie's biggest defender.
Not any longer!
The C.F.L. would be wise to turf him and get a new Commish.
Maybe Mark Cohon would be interested in returning?

2 Likes

Before your message, I didn’t even think about the amount of the fine. But in reality, if the penalties are very small, then the players just play and do not worry

The fact that the fines are not disclosed makes them meaningless. The PGA tour is the other major sports organization that engages in this type of kangaroo court garbage. All criminal proceedings in Canada and the US, as well as professional disciplinary proceedings, are public. This is the only way to hold those responsible for decision making accountable. There are other benefits of this approach, including pure optics. As the saying goes, justice must be seen to be done to be done.

Gees guy… on the street if he spit on aa person he might see jail time for that.

Not to mention the comish can ONLY do what the team owners allow. The players association also has a say… Combined, the owners and the players have the power NOT the comish

While that may be true it should still be a fundamental rule that disclosure be made. More of a constitutional thing. If you asked most criminals I am fairly certain they would not want the details of their proceedings and their sentences made public. The inmates should not be running the asylum if they are the ones blocking disclosure here.

1 Like

No argument here. I think that maybe my post is not as clear as it could have been. Picture McEnroe yelling this at the top of his voice, which he always did. I think the lack of a suspension for spitting is a travesty.

1 Like

Agreed BUT again the owner and the players have the say in this NOT the comish

I am just curious. What sort of unsportsmanlike behaviour would merit a subsequent fine. The things I can think of that need further discipline after the game is over would have likely been an ejection from the game. Maybe it should have been, and the refs missed it. I tried to rewatch the play and couldn't see Purifoy (must have been off screen) do anything or it was verbal. Anyone know what is was?

No doubt some of these fines are deserved, but I have trouble with the penalties that come under the category "high hit." Some of the penalties called were a result of incidental contact. I believe that QBs need protection, but they are part of the game and at times they do get hit - sometimes even helmets touch, but not with any intention of causing injury. More care needs to be taken in calling such penalties.

There is nothing wrong with using a horse.

Its the saskatoon way. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

All these guys are clowns and cheaters. No stamps on the list I see

The fines system is stupid. A fine is half a game check, so 2 different guys can get fined for the same infraction on basically identical plays but be fined different amounts. :roll_eyes: I’m pretty sure that it also means that a guy on a bonus laden contract doesn’t lose any bonus money, just base salary.

The reason that the fines are not disclosed is to maintain salary secrecy, since if you multiply a guy’s fine by 36 you calculate his salary. :roll_eyes:

Fines haven’t stopped a single player from cleaning up his game, probably ever. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

All good points and even more reason to make the process transparent.

What a morally deficient comment

If you don’t think he should be suspended for spitting you are entitled to your opinion, but there is no need to insult me for taking that position, which I think the majority of people would support.