Setta

Looks like the Cats finally have a kicker.

This kid is a great talent. He can place a punt between the numbers and the sideline on a regular basis.

Great job in finding this talent as well!

Love the hang time on the kid. Should give us better down field coverage. Nice to see some of the Cat's waiting for the kick returner to catch the ball. That's some pretty good hang time and down field coverage.

I agree with the hang time. The cover team must absolutely love it.

One of the few bright spots of the game.

Very impressed with his punts. Never really gave Calgary a chance to return the ball. This was his first REAL CFL Game... imagine how much better this guy might get? That's scary.

This guys good, but how long will he be around the more he improves?

he is a good kicker/punter, because you dont notice him and he is consistent.

see my article on Russ Jackson

hes awsome, great kicks/punts

Blah, blah, blah…

Want a cookie, hider?

Could it be that with your other alias you predicted Maas would be our savior and lead the Cats to the Grey Cup in 2006?

This kid is a great talent. He can place a punt between the numbers and the sideline on a regular basis.

Agreed. Setta looked great and he will keep improving. Having one guy do all 3 helps the coaches with roster flexibility also.

2 plus and option at least if I remember correctly.

No - I have never liked Maas - however we do go to ND every year and see some great kids on both teams who are suited for the CFL

4ticats7 Posted: Jul 01, 2007 - 07:57 PM

Quote:

Agreed. Setta looked great and he will keep improving. Having one guy do all 3 helps the coaches with roster flexibility also.

Quote:

2 plus and option at least if I remember correctly.

yeah, but how long before he heads off to the NFL?

This year, next year, and the option, should we want it… then the NFL can come and negotiate with him.

Interesting punting stats for Nick Setta after week one of the CFL regular season. He is 8th in punting distance with a 43.9 yard average but, due to the excellent hang time on his punts, he is 4th in net punting distance with a 42.0 yard average.

I think his “Average” dropped when he shanked his last one.

Setta was a pleasure to watch . He`s a real pro and will help with field position the whole season !!!