Semi-Official Ticats-Bombers game-day play-by-play thread.

OK, somebody had to do it. For those of you new to the site, we try to have a play-by-play thread to discuss the game in near real-time. Here goes:

WHAT

The first exhibition game of the 2007 season for the Hamilton Tiger-Cats vs the Winnipeg Blue Bombers.

WHERE

Canad Inns Stadium, in beautiful :roll: Winnipeg Manitoba.

WHEN

Kickoff is at 2000hrs, or 8:00pm for those who cannot abide by a 24-hour clock.

WHO

http://tinyurl.com/ysgtbt vs http://tinyurl.com/ypwx2m

WHY

A chance to see what our rokies and inexperienced QB’s can do against a potent defence from last season.

HOW

You can listen to the game on 900 CHML. The pre-game show starts at 1900hrs (7:00pm) with the game starting an hour later. For those of us outside the broadcast range, you can listen to the game at http://www.900chml.com and click the “Listen Live” button.

Let’s hope for a good game, and see how many of our prospects can play themselves into (or out of) the final roster.

TV would be nice. There's got to be a local station that could broadcast the game. Perhaps local coverage of mosquitoe racing draws a larger audience.

I see Andre Rison was in the paper again for his legal/marital/financial troubles. Maybe if the Cats sign him quick, they could convince the new CH celeb gossip station to pick up the game. I mean, having your house burned down by Lisa Left Eye Lopez, formerly of TLC, has got to give you some troubled celeb cred.

Thanks, sig.

We've been waiting six months for this day. Now, we can get back to talking about the things that really matter...FOOTBALL!

Bring it on !

And so it begins. A new season is about to start and so the time has come for these play-by-play game threads to start appearing here. It has been a long off-season, and this a long time since the last game thread appeared here, and you can click here to view that thread. And as was the case in during that last game, we are looking for reasons to look forward to the 2007 season. Although this is a game thread for a preseason game, I certainly look forward to finally getting to post in one. It has been too long since the last one.

It is unfortunate that this game will not be televised, but there are at least two different radio stations that will be broadcasting this game. In addition to CHML broadcasting it, you can also listen to the game on CJOB, which is a radio station based in Winnipeg. You can visit www.cjob.com and click the “listen live? link if you would like to hear the game from the point of view of Winnipeg’s talking heads. And you can click here to listen to CJOB now. And you can click here to listen to CHML now.

Next week’s game might not be televised either, but I recall that for a game at IWS in 2005 that was not televised, there was a webcast of feeds from the TigerVision. Will that be done again for next week’s game?

Anyway, now for a few more links here that tend to be there in game threads:

Click here for the game preview on CFL.ca.

Click here for the game preview here on Ticats.ca.

Click here for the Tiger-Cats depth chart.

Click here for the Bombers depth chart, which is currently only available in PDF form.

Click here for tonight's weather forecast. Right now, there is a 60% probability of precipitation this evening, and thunderstorms are a possibility. And southeast winds of 10 km/h are expected. And at this time, it is expected that the temperature will be about 24 degrees Celsius. And you can click here for the hourly forecast.

This game may be considered to be more about individual performances than the overall performance of the team. We want to see many players do well, making it hard for Taaffe and his assistants to decide on who will be cut. It may be more important for us to see that than to see the team win this game. Both the team’s actual coaches and armchair coaches will be paying close attention to this game as they decide who will get cut, as the decisions on who stays and who goes will be at least partly based on what happens in this game. And as we finally get to see what the team can do in a game situation, let’s hope this team will give us reasons for optimism.

Hope to see the usual crowd here, as well as anyone else who’d like to join us here. Go Ticats!

I thought cable 14 was showing the home game.

Good info BYFan. Thanks for posting this.

Nice job sigpig and BYF between the two of you we are pretty well informed.

Another football season is upon us and I am looking forward to this years campaign.
With the coaching staff this year we are a step closer to where we want to be.

I won't be able to listen to the game today because of work (it's Friday morning here), but will be looking forward to hearing some positive results

Go Cats

I hope King has a supper game that will keep Coach T awake at night. :lol:

Ahhhhhhhhhh, wobbly pops, feet up on my balcony, and my Net radio CRANKED to CHML....

I love the smell of fresh Field Turf in the morning...but I digress.

Win! :smiley:

Catch you guys online during the game.

Oski Wee Wee,

I've got a lot of confidence this year's team is going to make us proud. Although no expectations for tonight. Charlie understands that he does not get any points for winning tonight.

The coaches only have two exhibition games to evaluate all the new faces. They'll be looking for good plays, good drives, and tough defence.

But the better someone plays the earlier he is likely to be yanked. Resulting in lots of film to review, but reducing the odds of actually "winning" the game.

Looking forward to chatting to you all here shortly.

:-)

I'm looking forward to hearing Rick call the plays tonight. :slight_smile:

I bought a couple of extension cables for my monitor today, so I will be able to move it out on my balcony on nice days.

Now you will never get rid of me! BWAHAHAHHAHA :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

What it really means is that I will be able to listen and post at the same time while soaking in this great summer evening in Montreal. I’m pumped for this game!

Our seven-month-plus nightmare is at an end…LOL

Oski Wee Wee,

Amen to that brother.

The question is: is this the beginning of a 5 month nightmare? :wink:

105 minutes to kick-off...

Man I looking forward to this ..
it so good to have football Back :slight_smile:

Time for a Pigskin pete Cheer
Woops no Pete :frowning:

OSKI WEE WEE
OSKI WA WA
HOLY MACKINAW!
TIGERS!
EAT 'EM RAWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!

:D ;)

For this year and this year only the Bluebombers are my Argonauts... so while this game may not mean diddly squat I won't be too disappointed if the 'Cats clobber the bombers.

Let's see some hustle!

Ten yard penalty, using the "A" word on TiCats.ca