Selon RDS, Samuel Giguère jouerait à Montréal en 2015

[url=http://www.985sports.ca/lecteur/audio/football-lcf-le-quebecois-samuel-giguere-se-joi-259485.mp3]http://www.985sports.ca/lecteur/audio/f ... 259485.mp3[/url]

Great piece, Fender. Thanks for harvesting those stats and contextualizing them properly. Very interesting read and it’s made me rethink a few of my longstanding reservations about Giguere.

What also emerges from that list, albeit accidentally? Brandon London is a pretty damn good third receiver.

Sam never lived up to his potential and from where I sat in the stands watching him and meeting him in person, he was detached, uninspired, and most importantly a little high on himself. Austin acted accordingly and this is why Sam is playing where he is today on a one year contract. He should fit in well with his new team.

The reason for the one year contract is that the Als are maxed out for this year and it allows him to establish himself in Montreal and negotiate from a position of strength or not again next season. It is a good deal for both parties right now. If SG puts up 800 or more yards. He will pick up a 50k raise next year and if he's a 500 yard receiver in Montreal then he will have decisions to make. JP can't ask Stamps to take a pay cut and then pay Giguere more. That's not how things work in MOntreal.

No issues there. :thup:

“Deslauriers well he can play special teams maybe”. This pretty well sums it up re Deslauriers. I cannot recall D making any play at all on special teams. D is a big guy, should be very physical and, to survive with the team one would think he might play STs. To check if my impression was correct, I reviewed all the defensive stats in 2014. D had no defensive stats at all. No Ts, no STT’s! Even Whyte was credited with 1 tackle last season. Why the management has kept him on the team is a mystery to me. Another big plus for Giguere is that in the NFL he did play on special teams.

Deslauriers jouait régulièrement sur les nullités spéciales il y a quelques années.

Giguère mentionne que la présence d'André Bolduc a pesé dans sa décision de se joindre aux Alouettes.

Fait intéressant : Giguère mentionne que Hufnagel a travaillé fort pour tenter de l'amener à Calgary.

[url]http://www.journaldemontreal.com/2015/02/13/avec-lequipe-de-son-enfance[/url]

Huf knew he was losing Sinopoli. Its nice to sign a local guy for a change. This is the first time I see Popp make any effort to sign a local player.

Je suppose que tu veux dire un gars d’ici capable d’être partant.

Sinon, dans un passé récent :

Mathieu Boulay il y a 2 ans
Pascal Baillargeon il y a 2 ans
Samuel Fournier l’an dernier
Carl Volny cette année

Dans un passé plus lointain :

Pierre Vercheval
Éric Lapointe
André Bolduc
Hency Charles
Tim Fleiszer
Stéphane Fortin
Philippe Girard
Brad Smith
Michael Soles
Kelly Wilshire

Il y avait aussi Pascal Masson.

It should also be pointed out that there are currently 14 Quebec born players on the roster, the majority of whom are either starters or legitimate future prospects.

It is getting better. Next year they should go after Plessius.