Sellout remaining home games!!!

Bwah ha ha ha, Ah ha ha ha , hee, hee, hee, hee, Wah, ha ha ha. ... I can't sto ... whoah, ho, ho, ho, ... please, I'm rolling on the flo ..., Oh, ho, ho, ho, ... oh, I'm splitting a gut, Har, har, har ... :stuck_out_tongue:

What makes you think it was overlooked? I know the team did look into this.

People seem to think that to code temporary seats are just sitting around. The fact is that it takes a lot of lead time to get them in. Plus once you have them up you not only have to pay for each bum in the seat but the empty ones as well, plus insurance.

So lets say you put up an extra 2000 seats in the endzone area, which are the cheap seats. If you sell them out at $26 you would make $8 - 10 dollars per seat. Now let say that you only sold half of the 2000, you would actually end up loosing money as you would still have to pay rent on the extra 1000 seats AND insurance on the extra 1000 seats.

Hindsight is 2020.

Was there also some friction with IPSCO Place over this?

Well there is this thing call cost! Transporting, housing player and staff, doubling the store inventory. Plus the City of Regina has been subsidising the stadium for decades and decades. If there are arguments about viability of upgrades and new stadium for 10 games a year, how the heck to you think it would be possible to do so with only 5 games a year!

Well there is this thing call cost! Transporting, housing player and staff, doubling the store inventory. Plus the City of Regina has been subsidising the stadium for decades and decades. If there are arguments about viability of upgrades and new stadium for 10 games a year, how the heck to you think it would be possible to do so with only 5 games a year!

I think the main reason for the 28,800 was insurance. At least that is what the team said at the time

Along with Sask's first time hosting the Grey Cup in 1995, there is also the last home game in there which had 55,000+ in attendance to see the Riders beat the Stamps 25-20 if I remember correctly. So that one game alone will scew the average up. It's far too much of an outlier to be included in an average statistic.

Not that I know of....but it has been years since Regina has proactively marketed Mosiac stadium.