Sega CFL 2k6

With the recent anouncement of EA and the NFL, that only EA is allowed to make NFL video games, maybe the CFL should approach Sega about publishing a CFL 2k6 game.

NFL 2k5 was considered by some, to be superior to NFL 2k5. Coupled with the fact that Sega’s football franchise sells for $40 less than Madden, there may even be NFL fans who would buy the game, for cheap football fix… now you have exposure to someone who never would have thought twice about the CFL before.

It would be in the CFL’s interest to make this happen. I know of many people who were Madden video game fans before they were NFL fans. I know about 6 years ago I got really into Madden on Play Station. I had never watched NFL before. All of a sudden I know all the players names, and skills. So when NFL football came on I actually watched it.

I am not sure how many copies would sell, even if they broke even, I think it would provide a LARGE amount of exposure. The league may have to garruntee Sega a certain amount of profit. It is pretty hard to estimate what sales would be like. My guess is that Sega could produce the game without an technological advances, just create a players db, cites/stadium db, and change the rules. I would be shocked if they could not produce the title in under 9 months. I am not stating that this would be the definitive road to riches, but it is certainly worth investigating. With the video game industry growing so fast, it really would be in the CFL’s best interest to make this happen.

I hunted around this site for a contact to the CFL brass, but could not find one. More than likely this email will just collect dust in this forum with the other 8 posts. But if you think this is a good idea, advocate it. Maybe Mr. Wright will take an interest.

~S

:shock: A CFL 2K6 !!! Any true CFL fan should be going nuts to get one made. The CFL is now becoming bigger and bigger not only across Canada but internationally with expanded coverage. I know with the graphics and technology, sega could use the similar software they would use for NFL games, all they would have to do is add the uniforms, stadiums, banjo pickers ( a.k.a rider fans…LOL…just jokes, probably best fans in the league and yes I am a bomber fan!!) and the rowdiness of the CFL!

Lets get the word to sega that we need a truly Canadian game!!!

Man, every football fan in Canada has been dreaming of a CFL video game. You could make that game cost $180 bucks, and i’d buy it with out thinking twice. I’d also buy the system the playes it! DO IT UP

I agree 100%. I’d pay $100 for a CFL game plus the cost of the system.

CFL is the sweetest game going. That would be awesome if I could play as 2k and rack up 2000 yards. Screw over EE, lay the beatdown on CGY. Aw, that’d be pimp.

There is already an organization looking into the idea of a CFL game.

Their located at http://www.playcanadianrules.com/

It is because of them that the commissioner mentioned a CFL game back in Jan.

In response to the original question, I haven’t bought any NFL game ever. I’m not that big into sports games. However if a CFL game did get made, I would buy it in a second.

I don’t think that this will become a reality for quite some time. One question that would have to be asked is how marketable would a CFL video game be out side of Canada? More specifically in the USA? These game companies base their sales mostly on units sold in the States only. So is the CFL popular enough in the USA to be worth Saga taking the risk to develop it?

That being said I would buy it should it be made.

I know I am, and apparently there is a CFL video game being produced.

where did you hear this?..or did you hear this from www.playcanadianrules.com ?

http://www.lionbackers.com/cheer/viewtopic.php?t=5493&highlight=madden

Hi Boys…

Sorry for making two posts… I recently got lots of mail wanting me to keep on making this league… Sooo… I am still accepting teams… All the teams are avaliable execpt the Riders they are already taken… BUT if i get enough interest I will start another league so their can be more people that have the oppertunity to play… I just started building this site about twenty minutes ago lol… BUSH LEAGUE lol it will be good when it is done… I recently put some pictures from the game play on their and I will have more on them soon… the website is http://groups.msn.com/MaddenCFL2005/shoebox.msnw?Page=1 that will take you to the pictures… I will have more up in the next couple of days… Sign up the sooner the better to ensure you can play with the team that you like…

The Comish… lol jp!
Email: MaddenCFL05@Hotmail.com

i would play but dont have '05

i c… i could put you down its only 20 dolllars at walmart… If you want i can put you on the waiting list for three dayds just sign up at my site if your interested…

i’ve been to the site, and id really like to join, but i dont have any money. I’ll look into trying to aquire it. I need some details on the MCFL. Is it free? are there prizes? when do i have to play?

yaya

Hi Eskimos 32001

The site is free. Their are no prizes as of yet but their might be it depends on how much interest this league is getting. The schedual will be released as soon as I get enough Coaches to coach the 9 teams… A “Coach” is basically just the person that plays their team… When all of the Coaches are ready, we will schedual a date to talk about the schedual at the MCFL05 site’s chat room. When we are in the chatroom we will be able to make the game so you can play it at a certain time against the team you are playing. Once all of the dates are confirmed I will put it in the schedual, we are looking at playing one game every five days. Their will be 20 games, 18 regular season, 2 pre-season and playoffs if you make them… Their crossover rule will be in effect… The playoffs are just like the cfls…
Website : http://groups.msn.com/MaddenCFL2005/shoebox.msnw?Page=1 That link will take you to the pictures lots of the site is under construction and will be up the day we get 9 Coaches…

Everyone sign up soon
The Comish

can i get a spot reserved because i dont know if i can get madden '05. i have '03, but im guessing that doesnt matter. i wold like to be the eskimo coach if its available.

Sign me up!!! Have you checked out http://sundawg.mine.nu/mcfl/

Might give you some idea’s. Also they do have a download area and you can get the rosters from them. They do post it on their site for all to download, so I don’t think it would be a prob.

am i just retarded or is it impossible to find the sign up.

Even if the game just broke even the CFL should definately invest in getting one out
there. The excitement it would cause especially for the younger crowd the CFL is trying to appeal to would be priceless. And if Flutie came back to the CFL for a couple of years that in itself would double the number of units that would be sold south of the border.

Even if the game just broke even the CFL should definately invest in getting one out
there. The excitement it would cause especially for the younger crowd the CFL is trying to appeal to would be priceless. And if Flutie came back to the CFL for a couple of years that in itself would double the number of units that would be sold south of the border.