Seeing the Cats in Montreal

Thinking about doing a road trip with the wife to Montreal to catch the Oct 22nd game.

Anyone have any advice?

Anyone know what section is behind where the cats bench would be?

Any suggestions on good hotels close to the stadium?

I've only been to Montreal once, and it was for my bachelor party....much of what I learned that weekend will not be applied on this trip (unless the wife is up for it :slight_smile: )

I always enjoy going to Montreal to watch a football game so to answer a few of your questions. The section behind the 'Cats bench would be U`1 or if you want to sit higher behind the bench S2 or T2 should do the trick (be prepared that ticket prices in Montreal are among the highest in the league). I always like to stay close to the stadium so I can walk to the game as well as walk to the nearby restaurants and pubs either before or after the game. I've previously stayed at Hotel Ambrose which is about a 15-20 minute walk to Molson Stadium. It's a small, reasonably priced place to stay if you're not looking for anything fancy. As for nearby restaurants I really enjoyed Firegrill and for pubs I'd suggest McLeans or Peel Pub. Even tho' it's not your bachelor party you can still have fun in Montreal. :wink:

ya, don't bother with La Banquise, its on the other side of the city and the poutine wasn't even that great.... (good enough for a 4am story with an odd dream about it but thats about it) lol

The trek up the hill is insane if your bit tippsy to start lol

[i]The title of this thread should be corrected to read:

"Seeing the Cats lose in Montreal"

:D [/i]

Profitez-en pour déguster de la bonne gastronomie.

Anyone know what section is behind where the cats bench would be?
U1 et T1, mais plus U1
Any suggestions on good hotels close to the stadium?
Il y en a plein. Omni, Ritz-Carleton, Delta, Best Western, Sofitel, Le Germain.
I've only been to Montreal once, and it was for my bachelor party....much of what I learned that weekend will not be applied on this trip (unless the wife is up for it :) )
Il faut pratiquement faire exprès pour ne pas avoir un bon séjour à Montréal.

Interesting.

For a guy who claims to dislike the Cats, Johnny sure likes to pay visits to Cat land. :wink:

All in fun, I know Johnny is a good CFL fan regardless of what team site he sneaks into. :thup:

[i]Johnny also likes to visit the Cathouse… Plenty of those in Montreal guys! :smiley:

And yes, Johnny likes to visit this forum on occasion. The people here love Johnny… :smiley: [/i]

I have wonderful memories of travelling to Montreal to watch the Ti-Cats play the Alouettes. During my university days, we'd leave Hamilton early in the morning, get to Montreal, eat something, watch the game, then head home. Made for some loooong drives if the Cats lost. Ha.

Haven't been to Molson Stadium in years. I wonder if the new, more comfortable stadiums have spoiled me, though. Molson Stadium was a beautiful venue - just not overly comfortable.

Great stadium! Love going to Montreal. Don't forget Dunn's (?) near Bell Centre. Great smoked meat.

Johnny a bit of a tomcat?

[i]Oh you rascal! Tomcat is so pejorative. Johnny prefers the term "ladies man" :smiley:

And Johnny was joking about visiting cathouses. Johnny likes to wine, dine and charm. Not pay for play... :smiley: [/i]

Everyone in black and gold is a ladies' man, Johnny. :smiley: Welcome home! :wink: