Sedrick Harris Released

8) Drew is reporting that sources have told him that the Cats have released QB hopeful Sedrick Harris.
   That leaves Tate Forcier and Nick Fanuzzi to fight it out for the # 3 job.

Hi Tipper:

I recall Coach Cortez saying in one of those Ticat videos that Harris ran a shotgun offense exclusively in College and that could have been a liability for him here.

On the other hand, he also pointed out that Harris is quite mobile and a capable runner. With Burris and Porter as the other quarterbacks, that would be a plus for Harris.

Either way, he had only the two days to shine. I guess he did not shine enough to overcome the other two guys at camp.

Pure speculation here but do you think it could be a case of an American football player underestimating the quality of the Canadian game and coming into camp unprepared and out of shape? Again... pure speculation.

Add QB Nick Fanuzzi to the released list. Gotta love Cortez, if he doesn't feel you've got what takes then you're outta here. No sense wasting time.

Mightypope wrote:

"Add QB Nick Fanuzzi to the released list. Gotta love Cortez, if he doesn't feel you've got what takes then you're outta here. No sense wasting time."

Cortez is new in town to the vast majority of these players. I guess this is his way of asserting himself and letting them know that this is business. He's not there to be their best friend.

You're right. He's said that there's a lot of work to do. So, he doesn't have time to waste.

I think Fanuzzi got hurt this morning.

They're usually quick to remove the name of a released player from the published roster but Fanuzzi is still there, hours after his release was first reported.

The reason I said he may have been hurt is that he was throwing this morning then suddenly disappeared during the latter half of the practice. I doubt he would have been cut mid practice if it was performance based.

Maybe just a case of staff off for the weekend, or a failure by Football Ops to inform the Media Relations dept. His release announced by the club, and his name removed from the roster listing, shortly after the start of business hours Monday morning.