Secondary Boost: Elks' defence seeks growth in '21

CFL.ca will be previewing the 2021 season, breaking down special teams, defence and offence for all nine teams as they get set to hit the field.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.cfl.ca/2021/07/05/secondary-boost-elks-defence-seeks-growth-21/

Yeah, the big question is how quickly they gel @ DB. The talent is there. Brian Walker did well @ SAM in 2019. He got an extension through 2024 which I think would indicate they like him there. But Kevin Brown is not Deans. I was expecting Diggs to move over to MLB & Brown to stick @ WIL where, I believe, he played in Ottawa. The starters on DL are really good. Lemon is an upgrade from Usher & is the only starter OVER 27 - averaged 8.5 sacks per player in their last campaigns - that's great production from the front 4. The biggest change IMO is Thorpe. Benevides was a bend, not break, guy & then they went with Lolley, a polar opposite. I had read where the Elks were the only team blitzing 50% of the time in 2019. Overall, they look pretty good, though depth is thin @ DT & LB IMO.