Season tix

While I appreciate the honouring of Hall of Famers, and I like the idea, these have got to be the ugliest season's tickets I have ever seen.

Not uglier than the average, everyday, run-of-the-mill Ticketmaster tickets.

Hmmm...I'd have to say that, yes, they are.

I never had a problem with the " run-of-the-mill Ticketmaster tickets". Boring, yes, but not down right ugly.

No big deal, however. As long as they have the date, time and opponenet printed on them, then that's all I need.

Give it a Rest....Shesh ..... :roll:

Give what a rest?

Post a Pic, Prove how Ug's They Is! WE needs the Proofs :twisted:

God this City needs football ... who gives a rat's ass what the tickets look like ... concern yourself more with what the team looks like.

They all our Hall of Fame Players.
Who where the Black and gold Proudly .
I like them

That's what most of the other hundreds of threads on this website cover.

This one is about the look of the tix. It's easy enough to ignore. Chill pill!

My boyfriend and I were actually having a little chuckle over how much some of those busts DON'T look like the person they are supposed to be...

I just remember a few years ago the team decided to go with the plain TicketMaster style tickets and people on this forum were outraged because they looked cheap and the team should spend the money on nicer tickets.

So they finally do and pay tribute to Hall of Fame Tiger-Cats and people are critical.

Man! I feel sorry for your significant others. You guys are never satisfied!

• paul

I actually like the tickets and the thought behind it. It's just funny that Grover Covington and Less Browne do not look like themselves at all. I'm sure it must be hard to make them though, so I shouldn't throw stones.

Who here is critical of the tribute to the hall of famers?

Man! I feel sorry for your significant others. You guys are never satisfied!
I don't get these broad generalisations. Who exactly are you referring to? No one here has said they are disatisfied with the tickets.

The overeaction to this thread is amusing.

And yet, not at all surprising.

Expressing your opinion is hardly throwing stones.

As I've already said, I appreciate the idea of honouring the HOFers, AND it's no big deal, but others seem to think otherwise just because I call them ugly.

I don't care what they look like and I never have. As long as they get me in the gate, I'm happy. But man, they're ugly.

I'm not over reacting at all. I couldn't care less either way. The tickets could be printed on a graham cracker, as long as they get me in the stadium ...

I am just merely pointing out that no matter what the team does with the tickets, they are never up to some peoples lofty standards. It's a perfect illustration of the negativity that surrounds the online fanbase of the Tiger-Cats.

The tickets aren't pretty, the seats are too expensive, the concession stink, Obie doesn't spend enough money, Casey Printers makes too much money, Lumsden is fragile, etc. Whether or not you are included in this group is for you to decide. I don't know you personally, I just know I am as happy as a clam every time I get to waltz in to Ivor Wynne Stadium.

Rest assured, you won't have to deal with my posts for three weeks as I am off to Italy tomorrow morning. I look forward to catching up with all the Tiger-Cat happenings when I get back.

• paul

You'll miss All of Camp and the Preaseason Paul

:(

But this is an overreaction. "Lofty standards"? What are you talking about?There's nothing negative about calling tickets ugy. It's an opinion. I did not complain in anyway. I said I appreciated the effort and don't care what they look like...but they're still ugly. So what? No big deal.

Do you see the irony in throwing out "Lofty Standards" at me? It's not only irrellevant, but it's also a very "negative" reaction that you accuse others of. If you'd read my posts, you'd see that I don't care what the tickets look like. I have no such standards regarding the matter. Please read what I posted.

The tickets aren't pretty, the seats are too expensive, the concession stink, Obie doesn't spend enough money, Casey Printers makes too much money, Lumsden is fragile, etc. Whether or not you are included in this group is for you to decide.
I'll play:

Tix aren't pretty? No, they're not.

Tix too expensive? No

Obie doesn't spend enough money? I have no idea.

Casey Printers makes too much money? I'll have to wait and see how he performs before I would offer an opinion.

Lumsden too fragile? Again, I'd wait another season before answering that one.

I don't know you personally, I just know I am as happy as a clam every time I get to waltz in to Ivor Wynne Stadium.
Me too!
Rest assured, you won't have to deal with my posts for three weeks as I am off to Italy tomorrow morning. I look forward to catching up with all the Tiger-Cat happenings when I get back.
I have no problem with you posting here, please just don't confuse my opinion of the tickets being ugly with all the other things you mention because one has nothing to do with the others.

Internet boards are full of all kinds of statements and opinions. That's the purpose of boards like this one. Don't like the discussion, or don't find it interesting or pertinent, then do what I do. Ignore it, and go on to another thread. As Chuck Swirsky is fond of saying, "That's why there's chocolate and vanilla". Everyone has their likes and dislikes.

No need to get worked up over someone you don't know personally making an inconsequential comment regarding the look of tickets.

We discus everything else, why not tickets? p.a guy, team unis, parking, the stadium.......its a fan board and forum and if it wasnt for people discussing everything and opinions on it we wouldnt have it. It would just be news postings.

Ugly, that's the first thing I thought when I opened the envelope yesterday. But on reflection I think it's the sculpts themselves that are the problem - they'd look better with the eyeballs left blank, like all those anceint roman busts. I think it would be better if they didn't have anyone showing teeth either, or at least didn't make the spaces between the teeth so prominent. Some of them almost look like characitures.

That's just my opinion of the tickets though, I'm not going to become an argos fan because of it, it didn't ruin my day, or make me want to egg bob's house.